Solved

cancel and cant , want me to select an upgrade or get it auto by them

• 21 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I was on chat today to get help just canceling while a take a break. I got the directions and followed them. Now, I get emails telling me I will be upgraded to another level. I want to cancel, I cant, not an option, I can close it, lose all the data from years. Any ideas to cancel? If not, im ready to kick them to the curb, enough! 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 21 April 2023, 17:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dj7777,

Welcome to the4 Community! So sorry to hear that you’ve had a frustrating experience, happy to help!

Yes, I can see that you had a successful chat with a member of our support team and downgraded your account after. If you want to take a break from paying and not sending emails, but don’t want to indefinitely cancel your account, it’s suggested  to ‘cancel’ your account but reactivate it as a free account in the next step of the process. When you are in a free plan, you will not be prompted to auto-upgrade! 

To confirm, did you receive the email before or after downgrading, would you mind providing a screenshot? 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor

Badge +1

thanks, i do not have the “cancel” option, only close

Badge +1

Your SMS subscription has been successfully enrolled in Auto-upgrade, got it for both accounts i have both for email and text. I ended up just closing one account, the other i need to address, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dj7777

In the documentation I linked above, there is a close and cancel option. The close is permanent, but clicking cancel will redirect you to the option of re-activating as a free account. However, yes you will need to cancel both and then auto-upgrade will be off! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

hi there, yes, there is a cancel, there was a cancel. its just not available to me now. do not have the option sadly

Badge +1

my only options are pick a plan LOL

Badge +1
those are my options