Choosing The Best Klaviyo Plan For Your Business

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Klaviyo's billing structure is based on two criteria:

1. The number of active profiles in your account

2. The number of emails you send during the month

To see the total number of active profiles in your account, navigate to the Profiles page as shown below. After confirming the active profile count, head over to Account > Billing > Email Billing to choose a plan that will cover the active profile count and your monthly sends.

In Profiles, you can see the total number of active profiles in your account.

fD7y0NZ_JLH7gMvrhscEI--i4x6vWAA7beZG8NNq95rpBDuiUDHqe1NqcHKMzL91KpNpTviH7T0Dfu14sgwxntKi0C24viDJ8gxXBLerxYG5c6xjAq2oAd4D2fpCcOYJfGLrCulf

8 replies

Hi I wonder how the number of contacts are calculated? If I fx make a segment and delete it again, because I don’t use, will It then still count up the emails contacts number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @VeloWear 

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Klaviyo bills its users depending on the number of profiles or contacts found in your account and whether or not you send emails to more than the max number of active profiles in your billing segment. You can find the number of ‘Active Profiles’ by navigating to your Profile Tab in your account.

When you make a segment in Klaviyo, you are not creating more profiles in your account. A Segment dynamically pulls profiles, that are already in your account, into a specific grouping based on the stated segment criteria. As segments do not add ‘Active’ profiles into your account, they will not affect how your billing is calculated. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi! I am trying to understand our payment plan as I inherited it from a previous email lead. It looks like we are well over the max # of active profiles, but our email send volume barely reaches 20% usage in our account each month. Basically, we have a lot of active users in our account but we don’t email them through Klaviyo. Can I base my plan off the email volume and disregard the total # of accounts, for example? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @carriebova

Yes, technically, you are prevented for sending when you hit your email sending limit for the billing cycle alotted to your tier, not when you max the number of emailable profiles in your account. However, it should also be noted that whatever your max profile amount is for your the max number of recipients you can have per campaign send as well. Do you mind sharing who you are sending these emails through if not from Klaviyo? For example, if not all these ‘profiles’ are actually active, meaning they haven’t opened an email, visited your website, or interacted with your brand recently, I would recommend Performing List Cleaning and Suppressing Profiles So to Decrease the Number of Active Profiles in your Account.

Additionally, I’d suggest checking out this similar topic in the Community to gain more insight! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

I just wanted to ask if I can downgrade my plan anytime?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Claricel

Thanks for sharing your question! Yes you can! 

You can downgrade to a lower plan by navigating to Account > Billing > Email Billing and clicking "Show smaller plans,". However, it should be noted that if you switch to a plan that has a lower maximum profile limit than what you currently have, you won't be able to send to all of those profiles at once. 

Thanks for participating in the Communtity!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi @Claricel

Thanks for sharing your question! Yes you can! 

You can downgrade to a lower plan by navigating to Account > Billing > Email Billing and clicking "Show smaller plans,". However, it should be noted that if you switch to a plan that has a lower maximum profile limit than what you currently have, you won't be able to send to all of those profiles at once. 

Thanks for participating in the Communtity!

-Taylor 

Thanks for the response Taylor! But, I have a follow up question.

We already downgraded our plan from $425 to $150. We have an email list that has 16545 emails in it but some of those emails are suppressed because upon checking there are only 9216 profiles that are active.

So my question is, if we send an email to that list, only the active profiles will receive the email right? How can I remove the suppressed emails from that list?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What about those of us who have a 40,000 profile plan with unlimited sending...when are you going to announce that those plans are no longer avaiable? They show as plans on our dashboard...and on your website...but they are going away!