Solved

How do I remove myself as a user on other accounts?

• 11 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi, this is the reverse scenario of most of the posts I’m finding on here: Instead of removing a user from MY Klaviyo account, I want to remove MYSELF as a user on clients’ accounts after our engagements are completed. Is there a way to do this myself, instead of asking them to delete me from their accounts?

icon

Best answer by David To 12 August 2022, 16:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Briar Rose Consulting,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

At present, only account owners or account admins will have the permission to remove or add users to an account. That said, removing yourself as a user from an account is not support. 

From my perspective, this is to ensure that the decision makers of the account are made aware of these changes and to ensure a positive partnership relationship.

David

Badge +2

@David To Please put in a request to change this. Users should have the option to remove themselves off of the account. It can be set up so the user can’t remove others but having the ability to remove yourself should be something on the Klaviyo teams radar. A lot of agencies work with Klaviyo and it is frustrating not being able to remove ourselves from a clients account

Badge +2

@David To I’m trying to remove myself from 2 accounts and I’m setup as an admin and still can’t do it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SMV1704,

As previously mentioned, removing yourself from an account is not currently support. To be removed from an account as a user, you’ll want to get in contact with the Owner or another Admin of the account. 

David

Badge +1

Hey @SMV1704,

As previously mentioned, removing yourself from an account is not currently support. To be removed from an account as a user, you’ll want to get in contact with the Owner or another Admin of the account. 

David

This needs to be changed asap. This is a very basic functionality that should exist. Agency owners and staff will sometimes need to remove our own access to client accounts for a variety of reasons. It is not always possible to get another admin or account owner to do it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

On the settings page for your account, you can also:
Change the role of existing users by clicking on their email address and updating their settings.
Delete a user by clicking the X icon to the right of their role (note: Owners cannot be deleted from an account).

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Badge +3

Agreeing with the consensus here, please put in a request to change this… if a client goes dark and can’t be contacted, I have no way of reaching out to them to remove myself from their account. When you have a bunch of clients, this makes the dashboard really cluttered and unorganized.

I agree, I have 2 clients, one who has never logged into their account past the initial billing details (not tech savy) and would have no idea how to remove me if the time ever came, and I have a second that has closed their business and cancelled their paid account and left it as a free account and I can’t remove myself from it, nor contact the owner of the account to do it for me as their domain and email have been removed as well (the only contact info I had).