Solved

How to collect customer existing birthday?

• 25 January 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there,

I have a website and I want to collect my customer Birthday Date which customer already exists in my Klaviyo Account.

Can anyone help me out from this?

Thank You.

icon

Best answer by retention 25 January 2021, 20:45

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@forman There’s a lot of ways to approach this, so I’m excited to see others in the community to contribute to this!

Here’s a few ideas:

• Create a Segment of users who you don’t have Birthdays, and show them a dedicated Klaviyo Signup Form popup, flyout, or embedded form to collect them.  The nice thing is this will only show to people who you don’t have a Birthday date value yet.
  • Add the Birthday to your Manage Preferences page.  See this Klaviyo Documentation: Alternative: Collect Birthdays Using a Subscribe/Manage Preferences Page
  • Add a Birthday Email into any of your existing flows.  Add a conditional Split Trigger to check the Birthday value, if it’s empty, send an email to remind someone to provide a Birthday.  This would be great in your Welcome Series or your Post Purchase Series.
  • Create a dedicated web page, with an embedded Klaviyo Signup Form for a Birthday and drive people to that page from your website, social media, or from Flow Messages.
  • Create a Giveaway or Sweepstake where the Birthday is one of the optional fields to get an additional entry (or required for entry) to the giveaway.  If you use a Third Party tool that integrates with Klaviyo like Gleam.io, Viralsweep.com - you can have those fields map directly into Klaviyo.
  • Embed a Klaviyo Signup Form to collect Birthday on the Confirmation page on  checkout after they purchase for repeat customers or when customers purchase.
  • If you use a Loyalty Program like Smile.io or Yotpo Loyalty, they have a built-in Birthday field that users can submit for loyalty points.

Looking forward to other ideas!

---

Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI @retention,

Could please show with some pictures? I couldn’t make it.

Badge +1

Hi, I know this is late but I was able to create a segment for people we don’t have a birthday listed. I did properties about someone - birthday is not set (need to change type to ‘Text’ in order to do this) + person is not in birthday list for good measure. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Simonne 

Thanks for your co-operation. But still I don't know to set this up. When I set up a pop-up for this flow. There is custom property that I have to choose but I was unable to choose it.

And also I'm confused about this flow how is it work when customers fill up there form when they will they get the message. Hope you get it what I mean to.

If you don't mind it would better if you show me how do it (in a video). Post your google drive link here. So that everyone get that's help.

Badge +1

Hi@Simonne 

Thanks for your co-operation. But still I don't know to set this up. When I set up a pop-up for this flow. There is custom property that I have to choose but I was unable to choose it.

And also I'm confused about this flow how is it work when customers fill up there form when they will they get the message. Hope you get it what I mean to.

If you don't mind it would better if you show me how do it (in a video). Post your google drive link here. So that everyone get that's help.

thanks for the awesome information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @forman 

@retention and @Simonne are both correct in their approach. I’d just like to provide some additional resources that i think will help you understand how to set up your segments and how to create custom profile properties like someone’s birthday. @retention also shared a great resource about using Manage/Preference Pages to help update current profiles already in your Klaviyo dashboard.

Hope these extra Help Center articles will help you find your way forward. Thank you for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

​​​​​

I am trying to set this up also, but cannot find the Birthday field on my Manage Preferences page. I do not have any date field. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @forman

I want to collect a subscribers birthday in my welcome series after sign-up which you've confirmed is possible. Can you direct me on how to do this please? 

• Add a Birthday Email into any of your existing flows.  Add a conditional Split Trigger to check the Birthday value, if it’s empty, send an email to remind someone to provide a Birthday.  This would be great in your Welcome Series or your Post Purchase Series.

How do I embed a form in my welcome email for them to update their profile with their birthday? 

Thanks in advance! Michael

Badge +1

thanks my issue has been fixed.

https://krogerfeedback.nl https://talktosonic.onl https://talktowendys.vip https://whataburgersurvey.onl

I am fully confused. I would like to add a birthdate option to my pop up so that I can created a custom segment and email those users during their birthday month. Someone please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @kloapparel 

I made a quick video to show you how to add a birthday field into your signup form! Hope this helps. 

Hey @kloapparel 

I made a quick video to show you how to add a birthday field into your signup form! Hope this helps. 

It will not allow me to watch the video without signing up for the platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @kloapparel 

you can add a block where the input field is Date and select profile property to be the birthday. 

Badge

I’m confused on how to set it up in my welcome flow. There are lots of instructions in this thread for how to do it in forms and other ways but not by email in a flow. I only want to collect the birthday in the email, nothing else, so is there a way to connect a pop up to the email without using or creating anything on my website? (keep it entirely in klaviyo). or do I only have the option to create a link to something like what is mentioned above that I need to create (outside but linked to) klaviyo.

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a question about the 3rd point of the above list. I would like to implement the 3rd point:

I already made a conditional split trigger to check the birthday value (in the welcome series email flow) and I made signup form to fill in the birthday value. However, I don’t know how to add the sign up form to to the email. What I mean is that when the reader receives the fill-in-your-birthday email (some time after they signed up for the newsletter), the reader is able to click a button in that email and gets to the signup form where he/she can fill in the birthday date. 

Does anyone know if that is possible and how to do it (otherwise)?

Thanks in advance!

Luna

Badge +1

I’m confused on how to set it up in my welcome flow. There are lots of instructions in this thread for how to do it in forms and other ways but not by email in a flow. I only want to collect the birthday in the email, nothing else, so is there a way to connect a pop up to the email without using or creating anything on my website? (keep it entirely in klaviyo). or do I only have the option to create a link to something like what is mentioned above that I need to create (outside but linked to) klaviyo.

I have the same question!

Badge +2

Hi there,

I have a website and I want to collect my customer Birthday Date which customer already exists in my Klaviyo Account.

Can anyone help me out from this?

Thank You.

@forman There’s a lot of ways to approach this, so I’m excited to see others in the community to contribute to this!

Here’s a few ideas:

• Create a Segment of users who you don’t have Birthdays, and show them a dedicated Klaviyo Signup Form popup, flyout, or embedded form to collect them.  The nice thing is this will only show to people who you don’t have a Birthday date value yet.

Can you show a detailed way how this can be set up?

So once they fill out the form, their birthday will be automatically added to their current profile?