Solved

I accidentally sent 10K subscriber emails but i'm on the first plan (1500)...how did that work?

• 6 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

i’m baffled what happened, I basically had an opt-in email list after collaborating with a huge national company for a competition and we got a really good participation rate, which meant I had 10K emails consenting to subscribe to our newsletter. Great, I didn’t think, and added them all to my email list via import, forgetting that each subscriber is actually sent a flow that welcome’s a new subscriber and gives them a discount.

Of course this means over 10K people got sent a welcome email from our flow, not a campaign.

So how did this work? I did get 2-3 notfiications that a few ££ had been taken out of my bank account, not large amounts, literally 2-3£. I’m now wondering whether klaviyo is about to destroy my business account with a huge bill of 300-400 dollars because they sent out 10,000 emails to 10,000 profiles?

Profiles Monthly Usage 12,000 of 1,500 active profiles

806% used

Emails Monthly Usage

12,759 of 15,000 emails sent

What happened, how do I fix this for next time?

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 6 September 2022, 21:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @suruman, do you have auto upgrade enabled?

If you were charged for the higher amount I believe it would show up in your billing statements within Klaviyo already vs getting a bill later. 

Here's a post from another community member that explains a similar situation: