Solved

Is it possible to translate product.item.title to a different language?

• 2 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi everyone!

Hope somebody can help us with our issue.

So we have a shopify store which was initially in German language (product names in shopify are in German) but lately we expanded to Netherlands as well.

For the shopify frontend we are using a translation app.

But here is the thing - when I’m sending abandoned cart email I use the item.product.title tag to show the product that the user wanted to buy, but because all the products are in german in shopify, it shows german product names even if we send emails to our NL customers. Because it pulls data from shopify.

So my question is - is there a possibility to translate product names to a different language than it is in shopify and still use item.product.title tag.

Hope I described the issue more or less clear.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by caroline 2 March 2021, 22:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Klaviyo does not currently offer a functionality to translate event or product data in-app.

One workaround would be to create a custom catalog feed specifically for your Dutch products whose product IDs are similar to your German language’s but with an added language prefix for each item in the feed.

In your Abandoned Cart email, you could do a catalog lookup based on product IDs. Support can help you with custom catalog setup and configuration.

Best,

Caroline