Solved

Is there a way to switch between Klaviyo accounts using a specific URL?

• 25 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

Hi. I have multiple client accounts I administer. And using the Klaviyo admin interface it’s easy to switch between them.

BUT… my workflow is within ClickUp, where I manage the campaign calendar for each client.

(BTW answering this question doesn’t require knowing anything about ClickUp).

For this workflow to stay within the confines of ClickUp, and avoid flipping between applications, I am needing to embed the Klaviyo campaigns page for the client I am currently working with.

Embedding the page itself works fine in ClickUp — no problem.

EXCEPT… the Klaviyo admin interface “remembers” what client account is currently selected.

This means, when I switch to a different client in ClickUp, the last client account I worked with is shown in the embedded campaign page view.

This’ll lead to some disaster before too long. And doesn’t help with the flipping between apps thing I’m trying to avoid because I still have to flip over in Klaviyo to the account that I’m wanting to set up campaigns for.

What I’m looking for is a way to specify in the Klaviyo URL that I want to switch to the account for X client (e.g. “https://www.klaviyo.com/campaigns?account=X

This way, for each client I manage, I can set the embed in ClickUp to point to this URL and it will always show the appropriate client.

It doesn’t matter if “X” is a cryptic ID. I’ll only need to obtain and set it up once.

Does anyone know if this is currently possible? (I’ve searched, without success, to try and find an answer).

If it’s not possible, does anyone know if it’s on the roadmap or if I can make a request for the roadmap? (I searched for a Klaviyo roadmap to view, and couldn’t find this either).

Many thanks in advance for help with this!

icon

Best answer by matthewstuckings 16 March 2023, 02:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Chris Milham

Welcome to the Community! Happy you’re here!

From my limited understanding of ClickUp, it seems that this might be a tech issue or limitation between the two apps. To confirm what might be going on here, do you mind sharing how ClickUp functions and furthermore how ClickUp <> Klaviyo actually connect? 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +5

Thanks for your reply, Taylor.

In ClickUp, it’s simply an embedded website view of Klaviyo. There’s no integration/API-type stuff going on. 

ClickUp allows this embedded website option so you can have a tab in ClickUp that you can quickly switch to to see an external website.

You can use it, for example, to embed a google sheet or embed a product page for easy reference.

I’m trying to do the same with Klaviyo for easy access to each of my clients’ campaigns. And to streamline that workflow within ClickUp.

The below image illustrates this in practice. The top line, with “Templates”, “Campaigns” etc are the ClickUp tabs.

Immediately below these you see where I’ve embedded Klaviyo. This embedded view of Klaviyo only shows when the “Campaigns” tab is selected (that’s the one in green on the top line).

The bit at the top that says “Chris Milham” is the name of the current ClickUp list (no need to understand these). 

I want to have a list for each client. Which means inside each of them there’ll be a “Campaigns” tab for that client. 

When I’ve selected a particular client’s list, and clicked the “Campaigns” tab I want it to show the campaigns just for that particular client. 

At present, Klaviyo will just show whatever account was last selected in Klaviyo.

That means when I’ve been working with client X’s campaigns. Then I click into client Y’s list and click their “Campaigns” tab, I’ll still be seeing client X’s campaigns.

I, of course, want clicking through to client Y to show client Y’s campaigns.

Therefore, I want to specify the account to use via a URL parameter, so that when I set up the tab with the embedded Klaviyo page (and choose the URL to show at as a one-time setup) it will show the correct campaigns for that particular client.

Is something like that possible?

I hope that clarifies. Please let me know if there’s any further info required. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Chris Milham,

Thanks for your clarifying message here.

At present, we don’t have the ability to alter the functionality to stay “in sync” with changing accounts while using ClickUp. Instead, I would try using two browser windows (one incognito and one “regular”) that should allow you to operate in two separate accounts at once both using ClickUp. We commonly use this technique at Klaviyo to look at two separate accounts simultaneously. If you’re using a mac, you can CMD + ~ to quickly switch between the two browser windows. 

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +5

Thanks Dov.

That gives me some clarity about current Klaviyo capabilities.

Thanks for your helpful idea of using different browser windows (and profiles would work like that too). For some use cases that would be fine for me, like the comparing of accounts that you mentioned. 

It unfortunately doesn’t help with the workflow I’m trying to create. That is, keeping everything within the confines of one central work hub running in a single browser tab (for me that’s Clickup) and having the appropriate account show when I’m in the context of the particular client of mine. (Thus avoiding flipping between applications)

What’s the correct process to submit this idea as a feature request?  (I’ve only spotted posts with “feature request” in the title — is making a post like this the way?)

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Chris Milham,

Of course - glad I could provide some clarity there.

Thanks for flagging that concern as well, I understand where you’re coming from. 

While users will include “feature request” in the title, that’s not a “standard” process for submitting requests. Rather, we (the Klaviyo community moderators) submit requests on behalf of users on a case-by-case basis as they are requested. With that said, I have submitted a request on your behalf!

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge +5

Thanks for your help with this, Dov. And I appreciate you submitting the feature request. Much appreciated!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Chris Milham I used to work agency side with ClickUp and Klaviyo. The best way I’ve found to accomplish this is to use Email on Acid preview links to show the current design of the Klaviyo campaign. They may not embedd in ClickUp but you can use a custom field to house the link in the task. Hope that helps!

Badge +5

Thanks @matthewstuckings! Great idea. I’ll have to give Email on Acid a look.