Solved

Second sending domain?

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Can I have a second sending domain within my sub account and keep the same root domain? Currently I’m using one for newsletter and would like to use the second one for promotions.

icon

Best answer by David To 6 April 2022, 22:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @vylla001,

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be as simple as switching your sender address field within your Klaviyo sub account. Though you will need to update your sending address, this would all be after the fact that you’ve set up your dedicated sending domain appropriately and applying the required CNAME records to your DNS backend. 

Since this does pertain to your sending domain and could impact your sending reputation, I would suggest working with your internal IT administrators/IT team on how to set this up. If you haven’t already, it may be helpful to review some of the resources we offer on deliverability and understanding your sending infrastructure:

​​​​​​​David

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi David,

Thanks for your help. This is all within the same sub account. Knowing that, would going with your solution be as simple as switching up what is in the sender email address field? 

So something like promotions@e.autosport.com?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @vylla001,

Great question! 

Although each Klaviyo account only supports one sending domain, technically speaking if your sub-domain has it’s own Klaviyo account then this would be feasible for this alternate account to still utilize the same root domain. In order for this to work, you’ll want to include another level to the subdomain when setting up your dedicated sending domains. Here’s an example of what I mean:

Root domain: Website.com

Main sending domain of account A: newsletter.website.com

Secondary sub-sending domain of account B: newsletter.promotions.website.com

I hope this helps!

David