Solved

Setting up Dedicated Sending Domain with Go Daddy

• 16 June 2022
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

I’m looking to set up my Dedicated Sending Domain via Go Daddy but i’m running into a wall when trying to add the type, name and value. Please example when i try and to Go Daddy image below:

I’m trying to add all these values as per Klavijo instructions:

Thanks so much in advance

Milo

icon

Best answer by David To 16 June 2022, 22:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Healing The Hyperbaric Way,

I would suggest checking out our Understanding what a dedicated sending subdomain is Help Center article if you haven’t already. 

As part of setting up a dedicated sending domain, you wouldn’t actually need any additional setups for a subdomain in your DNS backend. In this context, a subdomain would really just be a unique prefix you want to use. One that we typically recommend using for Klaviyo is “send” since it oftentimes unused by other services within a DNS.

David

Badge +3

I am not finding where it tells how to set up a subdomain. Can you tell me where I can go? I have a Godaddy domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @bundles,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I would suggest double checking to see if you have any leading or trailing spaces as that typically is the issue when a DNS indicates a subdomain is invalid and/or it recognizes unsupported characters. 

Additionally, it would seem like you’re inputting the incorrect CNAME value. You’ll want to copy and paste the value as it’s provided within your account. This means including the kl.domainkey portion as part of the value.

If you need more help with this, I would strongly advise working with your IT or network administrator. 

I hope this helps!

David