This topic has been closed for comments

37 replies

Badge +1

Hey @Roland

no news yet on my end. 

Badge +2

Hello @david.to,

thank you for your answer.

I understand that you use several IPs, but why can’t I get an original bounce message?

T-online postmaster is willing to help but I just can’t give them the information they need.

We started using Klaviyo because we want the best possible email deliverability - the result is that 10% of our list cannot be contacted anymore. (Which was no problem before with our legacy system.)

Please just get our mails delivered to t-online.de!

Thank you,
Matteo

Badge +3

Hi there,

I had the same problem. We were asked for the following information.

We still need the IP address of the sending system. With over 4 billion IPv4 addresses, we can't start checking on the off chance.
In case of blocking an IP address for mail delivery to us, our mail system gives the following error message:
   554 IP=$SENDER-IP - A problem occurred.
Instead of $SENDER-IP, the error message naturally contains the real IP address of the blocked system.To help you quickly, we need this error message.

Anyway, t-online told me that Klaviyo should contact t-online directly with this IP address.

The error message is addressed to you as the sender of the mail, because the sender should receive a so-called bounce mail (undeliverable message) from the mail server which contains this error message. However, it states that the sender should contact his own postmaster(*) - alternatively his IT helpdesk - who will, if necessary, contact us, also in English, in order to clarify the cause of the problem.

(*) You can usually reach your postmaster in the domain from which you received the e-mail with the error message.
Sorry for this inconvenience, but we need to establish a direct contact person responsible for the listed server, as only such a person can solve the problem.
We thank you for your understanding!

We could not solve the problem by this, because we use a shared IP address and it seems that they are basically blocked by t-online. If anyone finds a solution, I would be very grateful if it is shared here or written to me directly, as we currently do not reach several thousand contacts.

Cheers, Erik

(italic texts are answers from t-online)

Badge +2

And another completely-standard answer not answering my questions at all...

(Klaviyo D&C) 

Aug 5, 2021, 3:37 PM EDT 

Hi there,

Because we use a range of rotating IPs, we are unable to share, as it would not be accurate or feasible to provide the range to our users.

T-online has recently instituted some unique requirements that are needed of a sender to ensure inbox placement. You can read about these requirements in our guide on the topic here. These have impacted the entire email sending industry and are not specific to Klaviyo.

The bounce reason will differ in the IP address that was used for that specific send, but the bounces are:
554 IP=149.72.148.48 - A problem occurred. (Ask your postmaster for help or to contact tosa@rx.t-online.de to clarify.)

--with differing IPs, as mentioned.

If your account is unable to meet these requirements at this time, we would recommend creating a segment using a condition like the one below and excluding the said segments from your campaign sends. This will prevent profiles having a series of bounces on their timeline which in turn will make sure that they are not suppressed for email sending in the future.

?name=image+%288%29.png

Do let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime!

Best,
​ 

Badge +2

I got another answer from the t-online postmaster. They told me that Klaviyo has to contact them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @flonomao @FIRE-FOOD @Roland 

Thanks so much for your patience, and my apologies for not responding back to this thread yesterday. I hear you, and I understand the urgency and frustration this must be causing for you and your business. Our team is still actively working on this relationship with t-online, so unfortunately I do not have an update at this time, but I will absolutely respond back to this thread when I learn more. 

We really appreciate your understanding on this, and I’m hopeful to have some more clarity to share on the matter shortly. 

Thanks so much, 
-Cass. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @cassy.lee,

thanks for your response.

I understand that Klaviyo does not want to comment until when the problem will be fixed. However, I have heard such answers a few times. I don't take it seriously anymore. I don't see the urgency, because there is no update since five month.

One more thing: In my opinion Klaviyo will not be successful on the German market without t-online.

Regards
Roland

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @cassy.lee,

I contacted postmaster@rx.t-online.de as you suggested. They replied in between 30 minutes:

On Tue, 11 May 2021 09:32:42 +0200, you wrote:

>167.89.100.91

The error message is addressed to you as the sender of the mail, because the sender should receive a so-called bounce mail (undeliverable message) from the mail server, which contains this error message.

However, it says that the sender should contact his own postmaster(*) - or alternatively his IT helpdesk - who will, if necessary, contact us in English to clarify the cause of the problem. The e-mail address specified in the error message can also be reached via a mail system that may be blocked by us. 

(*) You can usually reach your postmaster in the domain from which you received
    received the e-mail with the error message. 

Sorry for this inconvenience, but we need to have a direct contact with a person responsible for the listed server, as only such a person can solve the problem. Thank you for your understanding!

So, what´s next?

Best regards

Roland

Badge +2

New answer from the t-online postmaster:

The problem is, that Klaviyo uses a lot of IPs from different network areas. We already released some IPs from Klaviyo but that’s why we need to know about which IPs exactly we are talking.

Please, dear Klaviyo, contact the t-online postmaster and tell them from which IPs you are sending our mails.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Roland

Thanks for following up with this communication via t-online. I’ve reached out to you via DM to get additional details. 

Thanks, 
-Cass. 

Badge +5

Hi All, 

Having previously worked for a MarTech business before setting up my Agency that had clients in Germany, Klaviyo are correct in what they are saying in terms of dedicated IPs helping, good list hygiene etc. 

However it would be really useful if at a ‘global’ level (rather than individual client level) if Klaviyo was to engage with the CSA Main Page - Certified Senders Alliance : Certified Senders Alliance (certified-senders.org) 

Badge +3

Hi there,

we’re facing the same problem. Did you solve the problem by following the mentionted steps in this thread or can you give me any further advice?

Best

Erik