Solved

Confirm your subscription email

• 30 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, I would really appreciate someone’s help :)

Is a confirm your subscription email necessary because I find a lot of people are dropping off at this step because they don’t realise / can’t be bothered to go to their inbox and confirm their subscription. Is it possible instead to add a tick box to the form on my website to say that they agree to receive marketing material.

If the Confirm your subscription email is not a legal necessary requirement then please could someone outline the instructions on the steps I would need to take to disable it?

Thanks so much,

Sienna

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 30 November 2022, 07:08

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

SO helpful, thank you so much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@siennaspeke 

It seems like you confused segments with lists. Please go to Lists and Segments and where it says all types click and select just lists. Then edit all of those lists.

Badge +1

Hey Bobi thanks so much for your help. I can’t seem to see the double opt in settings on my list? Does this look the same as yours?

Thanks,

Sienna

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@siennaspeke 

It is not legally required, it is more there to protect you from potential spam emails. But if you want to turn it off you can.

But you will have to go to all your lists, open each list one by one and go to the settings of the list. So open the list, click on the list settings, and you will see the last option there is double opt in and single opt in. Double opt in is the thing that asks for email confirmation of the subscription, so you will have to click on the single opt in option and save it that way.