Solved

Established Account with huge spike in bounces?

• 16 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

One of my accounts that has been sending via Klaviyo for years and is only sending to a very engaged user list has seen a sudden spike in bounces particularly from apple accounts like @me @mac and @icloud

See screenshot of the email performance in the last 30 days. Anyone else seeing this? Any advice? These are soft bounces. What should I check to find out why this is happening? 

icon

Best answer by Dov 20 July 2022, 17:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @laurenwebby,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

I recommend reviewing my colleague’s post below - it contains a discussion on how and why soft bounces occur and also contains some helpful link discussing similar topics:

If you still have questions after reviewing those threads, you may want to get in touch with our support team. We have a deliverability department that will be able to take a deep dive into your particular account to assist further if need be.

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge

Hi, something similar is happening to us, there have been peaks in the past but during the last few days it’s becoming a trend. 

Even highly engaged subscribers are bouncing, like the image below:

A 40% of the accounts are mac.com, icloud.com and me.com, but the there’s still a 60% for other domains.

I contacted support 2 days ago and they checked the DNS configuration looked correct, I followed up yesterday and this morning with more information but haven’t received an answer yet.

I’ve checked most of the post related to this topic in the forums, I wonder if the issue is either on Sendgrid or Klaviyo servers since this is happening to more people? 

Thanks,

Juan

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @juanmunoz,

Thanks for checking in here.

I recommend awaiting a reply from our team (they will get back to you, I promise) because they will be able to give you deeper insight into the reasons behind the bounces by looking into your specific deliverability-related settings in addition to other 3rd parties that may be involved in the matter. If it is indeed a trend across Klaviyo accounts, I will relay that communication here as well.

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge +1

Hi - Wanted to post a follow up. We discovered why the bounces were occurring. The web dev team had updated/renewed the SSL for the website and this as a result changed something in the dedicated send domain. This caused our domain to be flagged. Once this was updated everything improved. Hope this helps someone in the future.