Solved

Any Resources to Help With List V2 API

• 7 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi! I have been trying to find help to overcome my issue for months and haven’t had any luck :(

All I want to do is to be able to have SMS consent set to YES for people that came through a Facebook Lead Form ad. I understand that you need to use the List V2 API to accomplish this. Problem is I haven’t been able to find anyone on platforms like Upwork that have been able to do what I am looking for. I have tried 3 and none of them have been successful. 

Does anyone know where I can get help from???

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 December 2021, 21:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @tfoster5!

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear about your troubles regarding List API and finding someone to work with. I hope I can provide a good amount of information for you to go off.

As you may know, at this time, the only way to collect SMS consent from someone is via one of the four methods outlined in our Guide to Collecting SMS Consent help center article,

The help center article goes into detail on each of these bullet points, but at this time, 3rd-party integrations like Facebook, don't offer a way for Klaviyo to collect consent.When it comes to Klaviyo SMS, you can only currently collect consent through a Klaviyo form, Email banners/Click to text form, a manual list import, or through the API. 

If you are confident that you collected consent and used the appropriate language, you can (1) import these customers' consent following the steps outlined here: Upload a List of SMS Contacts or (2) another workaround would be to add a Click to Text Banner to a campaign or flow email to prompt your Facebook Lead Ad subscribers and gather SMS consent in Klaviyo. 

We do have some guidance when it comes to SMS consent and PHP code. Our guide provides you with step-by-step instructions for going about this: Guide to Collecting SMS Consent via API

Essentially, this process uses our Subscribe to List API Endpoint, which provides you with the ability to translate into PHP:
?name=inline1417060559.png

Therefore, you'll want to use the linked guide to reference the basic structure of the API request, but then refer to our Subscribe to List API Endpoint documentation in order to translate the request into PHP.

If you are looking for a developer to work with, I would recommend you check out our Partner portal to find official Klaviyo partners to work with!

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi there @tfoster5!

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear about your troubles regarding List API and finding someone to work with. I hope I can provide a good amount of information for you to go off.

As you may know, at this time, the only way to collect SMS consent from someone is via one of the four methods outlined in our Guide to Collecting SMS Consent help center article,

The help center article goes into detail on each of these bullet points, but at this time, 3rd-party integrations like Facebook, don't offer a way for Klaviyo to collect consent.When it comes to Klaviyo SMS, you can only currently collect consent through a Klaviyo form, Email banners/Click to text form, a manual list import, or through the API. 

If you are confident that you collected consent and used the appropriate language, you can (1) import these customers' consent following the steps outlined here: Upload a List of SMS Contacts or (2) another workaround would be to add a Click to Text Banner to a campaign or flow email to prompt your Facebook Lead Ad subscribers and gather SMS consent in Klaviyo. 

We do have some guidance when it comes to SMS consent and PHP code. Our guide provides you with step-by-step instructions for going about this: Guide to Collecting SMS Consent via API

Essentially, this process uses our Subscribe to List API Endpoint, which provides you with the ability to translate into PHP:
?name=inline1417060559.png

Therefore, you'll want to use the linked guide to reference the basic structure of the API request, but then refer to our Subscribe to List API Endpoint documentation in order to translate the request into PHP.

If you are looking for a developer to work with, I would recommend you check out our Partner portal to find official Klaviyo partners to work with!

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Alex

as I can understand you are trying to say we need to use the php code/api here, but as mentioned we want to use this sms consent on the data which is coming from the facebook leads, via a FB form, So can you please let me know how I can use this code there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey @Dbuglab,

I just wanted to put that out as a suggestion but I can understand what you are trying to achieve.

Currently, we don't have an easy way to get a "yes" for SMS consent. As of now, you can pass us a list of phone numbers using the get-list-subscriptions endpoint and if that phone number is not returned in the response, that will indicate that it is not consented.

When a Klaviyo profile consents to receive SMS, it shows up visually in the profile with the little green checkmark and it triggers the event "Consented to Receive SMS". The only way for those things to happen is for a Profile to have consented.

In order for a Klaviyo profile to consent to receive SMS in a Klaviyo-recognized way, this must occur via one of the mechanisms described here - e.g. a native Klaviyo form, supported consent at checkout experience, click-to-text, etc. It is not sufficient to simply update a profile through the Track or Identify API, even if you set a property like sms_consent that also gets set via these other mechanisms.

If setting consent via API, you need to use our Lists API.

If using hosted pages or legacy forms, the recommended way to hit the Lists API is via the ajax/subscribe endpoint.

That endpoint is picky about the structure/syntax of the request - so we have an example here to illustrate how it works.

Lastly, remember that even if you do all of these things perfectly there are still other requirements to getting consent - e.g. you have to have a valid phone number, it must be in a supported geo, and the Klaviyo account must have SMS enabled.

Have you taken a look at our Guide to Collecting SMS Consent via API documentation? Was there something on there that you specifically ran into errors with?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and working with you,

Alex

Badge +1

the example which you provided that includes either form which is provided by the kalviyo or we need to integrate the php apis, 
but in our case the form is from the FB ads, which is lead collection form, how I can get consent in that, 

Hey @Dbuglab,

I just wanted to put that out as a suggestion but I can understand what you are trying to achieve.

Currently, we don't have an easy way to get a "yes" for SMS consent. As of now, you can pass us a list of phone numbers using the get-list-subscriptions endpoint and if that phone number is not returned in the response, that will indicate that it is not consented.

When a Klaviyo profile consents to receive SMS, it shows up visually in the profile with the little green checkmark and it triggers the event "Consented to Receive SMS". The only way for those things to happen is for a Profile to have consented.

In order for a Klaviyo profile to consent to receive SMS in a Klaviyo-recognized way, this must occur via one of the mechanisms described here - e.g. a native Klaviyo form, supported consent at checkout experience, click-to-text, etc. It is not sufficient to simply update a profile through the Track or Identify API, even if you set a property like sms_consent that also gets set via these other mechanisms.

If setting consent via API, you need to use our Lists API.

If using hosted pages or legacy forms, the recommended way to hit the Lists API is via the ajax/subscribe endpoint.

That endpoint is picky about the structure/syntax of the request - so we have an example here to illustrate how it works.

Lastly, remember that even if you do all of these things perfectly there are still other requirements to getting consent - e.g. you have to have a valid phone number, it must be in a supported geo, and the Klaviyo account must have SMS enabled.

Have you taken a look at our Guide to Collecting SMS Consent via API documentation? Was there something on there that you specifically ran into errors with?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and working with you,

Alex

Badge +1

@alex.hong still with me if Yes please answer my query.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Dbuglab 

Im jumping in to help while Alex is out. As of now, there are only two other options besides the suggestions that Alex gave. First would be to work with a developer who can create the code you would need to use in your Facebook account, as our native integration does not provide SMS consent and would need to be set up within your Facebook account. The other option would be to add consent via CSV upload once the profiles are created in Klaviyo.

Badge +3

Hey @stephen.trumble  - thanks for jumping in! 

@Dbuglab is my developer - so just want to explain why stuff on the same subject is coming from both of us.

We understand that we need to create the code that is used in the Facebook account...the question is HOW ( not yelling at you - just adding emphasis lol). Like can we be pointed anywhere to know the HOW behind what you are suggesting. Obviously we don’t expect for you to code it or anything like that. 

You guys have great support. I appreciate it and I am really really really hoping that I can get this problem solved :)