Solved

_learnq not tracking besides "active on site"

• 10 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We’re having some issues with tracking not being submitted. Our ‘Active on site’ works fine but nothing else works. One idea I have is that the Klaviyo api is loaded in the <head> and not towards the bottom of the page like it says in the documentation. I’m assuming this is the issue and any way around that if we can’t move it? 

It’s a new client and the script is being loaded via a 3rd party we don’t have access to so I can’t easily move it to the bottom.

icon

Best answer by David To 13 September 2021, 19:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @bryon,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I’ll let others chime in here as well but it would be helpful to know which other events you are trying to track are not being synced. Also, keep in mind that users would need to be cookied on your website in order for events to trigger and be passed to Klaviyo such as the Viewed Product event. In case you need it, you can find instructions on how to cookie your own browser and test these events from the Test Web Tracking subsection of the Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking Help center article.

Also, it could be helpful to see an example of the code you are using for the call (making sure to block out any IDs or “personal” information prior to posting). There may be something in the setup that stands out that other members can spot that you may have missed. 

Another potential cause may be a timing issue as @cbarley has highlighted previously in response to @IanHogers’s Community post below:

I hope this helps!

David