Solved

Need to push custom order attribute to klaviyo in magento 2

• 10 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Created a extension attribute for magento orders to identify from which source it came. The arribute is already made visible in magento default REST endpoints. I need to sync that attribute value also with Klaviyo. How can it get done?

icon

Best answer by David To 11 August 2021, 17:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @stephenk,

Great question!

At present there is no mechanism in place to change what data is being synced over for a native integration’s metrics such as Magento. Klaviyo however, will sync over extension attributes for products as part of the order, but not the order object itself. 

To alleviate this, I would suggest creating your own custom event which contains the attributes you want to be synced to Klaviyo. Because custom events are self built, you can include whatever data points you wish to be synced to Klaviyo. For example, if you created your own custom Placed Order event, you can include more attributes in the payload that is shared from this custom event than the default Magento Placed Order event that is synced to Klaviyo as part of the native integration.

To learn more about this, I would suggest taking a look at the following API documentation Klaviyo offers on utilizing Klaviyo’s API for custom work:

I’ll also be sharing this feedback with our Product Team to explore the possibility of allowing changes to be made to the data being shared from our native integrations!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Hi @david.to 

Thanks for the information provided.

I will take a look on custom place order event from myself.