Solved

Reutrn klaviyo profile id on identify

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We are using node-klaviyo module to interact with Klaviyo API. We are adding user profile to klaviyo using identify method to do that. However it only returns 1 as a success.

I was wondering if we can get the klaviyo’s profile id for the user as a success, we wouldn’t need to explicitly call getProfileIdByEmail.

icon

Best answer by David To 2 June 2021, 16:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @bikashlama,

Great question!

Klaviyo only provide a response of either 1 or 0 for the track & identify calls. A 1 response means your data was received successfully and is queued for processing. A 0 response means your data did not decode to valid JSON and was not queued for processing.

Outside of these two responses, Klaviyo does not support providing the Klaviyo Profile ID as a success response and would require you to utilize the getProfileIdByEmail call to identify the Klaviyo Profile ID. 

This is a great suggestion and I will be sharing this feedback to your Product Team to consider!

Appreciate the input and ideas! Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Yeah, I think it would be really nice to have profileId in response so that we could have avoid making another API Call.

Thanks.