Solved

Trouble Sending Woocomerce's Started Checkout Event to Klaviyo

• 7 September 2021
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

thank you in advance for your help, I'm having trouble sending specific data to Klaviyo with the "Started Checkout" event. The structure of the e-commerce site I work on is slightly different from usual, the products do not contain the information I need to be passed on klaviyo, but "started checkout" only passes some data and I don't know how to add more.
How can I do?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 8 September 2021, 05:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Zer0Command

Welcome to the Community Forum, we are so glad you’re here! Thanks for asking your question!

I can see that you’re using the Woocomerce integration. Can you confirm how the “limited” Started Checkout data is being expressed in Klaviyo? Or what you’re not receiving in Klaviyo through the metric that you think you should be? This will help me narrow down what might be happening in your account. 

You’re correct in citing that the structure of a Woocomerce site is a little different. With Woocomerce specifically, problems can occur when a WooComerce Plugin Update hasn’t been installed correctly or updated recently. Can you confirm that you have recently updated your plugin? Having an out-of-date plugin can cause all kinds of syncing problems and misfirings. This most recent plugin will also allow events to sync to your Klaviyo account in real time, without syncing delays that is typically common to this integration. However, you must be on WC Version 3.5x or later and WP Version 4.4 or later to use the Woocomerce APIv3 update. 

Additionally, other Community members have had similar issues with the Started Checkout metric not firing. I’d recommend checking out out these posts to learn from other users’ troubleshooting experience. This is one of the greatest benefits of having the Community Forum!

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor