Solved

Viewed Product event in WooCommerce with different Product Structure

• 13 August 2021
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi All, I hope you can help me. 

I have to track the Viewed Product event on my woocommerce website, but I cannot do it with the basic integration because on my site the product link structure is not www.my-website.com/product/product-name but is www.my-website.com/location/sub-location/product. Do someone know how can i do this?

icon

Best answer by David To 13 August 2021, 22:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Zer0Command,

Great question!

The way your site’s product page URL is structured shouldn’t impact the way the Viewed Product event is recognized and triggered. This is because the Viewed Product metric is not reliant on how your website’s URL is formulated in order to trigger, but rather recognizes that the user visited a page that has been designated as a “product” page within your ecommerce’s backend. Pages on your website designated as a product page will allow Klaviyo’s plugin record a Viewed Product event.

Keep in mind though that your visitors must be cookied in order to record the Viewed Product event. Users who visit your site but are not cookied and not recognized by Klaviyo will not trigger this event. You can learn more about how cookies work and how the Viewed Product event is recorded from the Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking and About Cookies in Klaviyo Help Center articles. My colleague, @Dov also has a great write pertaining to this topic in the following Community post:

In the event you have not installed, or require an update for the Klaviyo to WooCommerce plugin, you can do so from the Wordpress store.

I hope this helps!

David