Solved

Webhook for sign up through form

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I want to alert another tool I am using when a user subscribes to a certain list (in this case through a klaviyo sign upform). Is there a way I can do that? Does Klaviyo have a webhook that will trigger on sign up of a form? Or is it best to poll the API to see changes made to a specific list every minute or so? What is recommended here? We are using the klaviyo sign up form and want to tell another platform when a new subscriber signs up. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 11 August 2021, 17:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @nevin.jethmalani,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Community.

Currently, Klaviyo will not fire a webhook to send information to another platform when a sign-up form is submitted. Alternatively, you can send a notification to up to 5 email addresses when someone joins any given list by adding a notification action to a flow. The workflow for this solution would be: user fills out form > form submits user to List X > List X triggers flow containing the notification action > email sent notifying that user joined the list. You can also use the API to fetch list membership.

Alternatively, you may also want to look into adding a click event listener to the submit button of the Klaviyo form. You can find the general structure for an event listener here that will help you get started on a potential solution. If you require further assistance I recommend reaching out to one of our amazing Klaviyo partners.

Badge +4

Which end point would we have to poll in order to keep an accurate database of email addresses and phone numbers on another platform’s server? Is there an end point that will give us the changes made to a list since 10 minutes ago for example so if we hit that endpoint every 10 mins, we will have an up to date database of information? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @nevin.jethmalani,

Thanks for your reply.

You can use the  https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/group/list_or_segment_id/members/all endpoint which will return all of the emails, phone numbers, and push tokens for profiles in a given list or segment. I recommend checking out our Lists & Segments API documentation for more information.

Thanks for being a member of our Community.