Solved

Where should I look for rate limit backoff value?

• 18 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Unfortunatelly, the documentation doesn’t say anything usefull about it.

The exact limit is unknown, the location of backoff value in response object is unknown as well. With this being said I don’t know how to integrate Klaviyo API in reliable way.

Any help appreciated

icon

Best answer by David To 18 May 2021, 21:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Eugene K,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community!

As stated within the Klaviyo API Documentation under Rate Limits:

All of these endpoints are rate limited. You should be sure to check the response codes and retry requests that exceed the rate limit at a later time. If you hit rate limits, we recommend adjusting your request-rate using an exponential backoff

Each of the Klaviyo endpoints have a varied rate limit. The backoff value should be returned in the response from the API request you are making to these endpoints to allow you to adjust them to avoid being limited. 

If you were interested in connecting your own custom integration with Klaviyo, I would recommend taking a look at the below articles Klaviyo offers on this topic:

If you need hands on assistance in building out your custom integration, you can also reach out to extensive network Klaviyo Partners for further guidance. More details on this process and the benefits of pursuing a Klaviyo partner can be found in the post below:

https://community.klaviyo.com/job-board-55/tips-for-hiring-a-klaviyo-partner-770

-David