Solved

Abandoned Browse vs Cart vs Checkout - Too many people were being skipped!

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I need help with my abandonment flows I thought they were set up properly but when I did a deep dive into the numbers I realized SO many people were being skipped for no REAL reason. Are these now set up properly? We are a TINY local business and can't skip any opportunity to email potential customers but I can't be emailing them TOO much either. 

I need there to be a different flow for the cart and checkout because I have too many people not getting to the actual checkout page past adding to the cart.

But I had to draft the Abandoned Checkout one until I was confident on them not doubling up to any one. 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 21 February 2023, 07:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Kenedy

For abandoned cart you already have started checkout as trigger so you don’t need started checkout as filter to.. just set the filter has not been in this flow in the last 30 days or something like that.. Also here good to have filters placed order zero times since starting this flow.

Same thing for the brose abandonment flow. You already have viewed product as trigger so no need for filter, just limit the same with flow filter has not been in this flow in the last 30 days. And here it is good to have filters started checkout zero times since starting this flow and placed order zero times since starting this flow.

Hello Bobi, 

Thank you so much. I am going to work on it, 

Really appreciate the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Kenedy 

For abandoned cart you already have started checkout as trigger so you don’t need started checkout as filter to.. just set the filter has not been in this flow in the last 30 days or something like that.. Also here good to have filters placed order zero times since starting this flow.

Same thing for the brose abandonment flow. You already have viewed product as trigger so no need for filter, just limit the same with flow filter has not been in this flow in the last 30 days. And here it is good to have filters started checkout zero times since starting this flow and placed order zero times since starting this flow.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

I am an Email Marketer in training and i have really found the community posts on here very very helpful. Just wanted to start by saying thank you guys so much for having your conversations and asking the questions!

I am currently setting up Abandoned series emails based on the flow triggers you mentioned above and i wanted to ask if anyone knew the following:

For the following Flows, should the initial trigger occur “At least once” or “Zero Times

Abandoned Checkout:

Abandoned Browse:

Thank you for the help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@TheBNC 

Yes you set them up correctly. I would actually suggest adding one more filter to the cart and checkout flow (Has not been in this flow in last 30 days) which may filter out more people but it is really necessary. You don’t want people who add multiple products to cart or people who start checkout multiple times in a day to trigger this flow multiple times and receive all of the emails as duplicates in short period of time.

Apart from that the rest seems fine and it is ok to have a lot of skipped emails, that means people are going to the next steps organically.

Ideally you would like to have no emails from these steps at all that would mean all the people who viewed a product also placed and order which is the final goal. You will need a post purchase - thank you flow for that but I wouldn’t worry much about those people being skipped.

So basically the Browse Abandonment flow will skip all people who add to cart (because they will be in that flow), start a checkout (because they will enter that flow) or place an order.. Then Abandoned Cart flow will skip everyone who started a checkout (because they will be in checkout flow now) or placed an order and the one in the Checkout flow will be skipped if they place an order. 
And as I mentioned above all should be skipped from any of these flows if they received that flow in the last 30 days because we don’t want to bother people with same/duplicate emails sooner than in 30 days