Solved

Birthday Sign-Up

• 19 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

How do I create an e-mail that includes a birthday sign-up form? 

icon

Best answer by David To 19 June 2021, 16:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @JFSpells,

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

To collect birthday from an email, I would recommend either having a button, image, or hyperlink within your email that redirects user to a signup form to collect their birthday. Alternatively, you can also use the preference page to collect the birthday of your email recipients.

@retention has actually made a list of different options you can use to collect birthday in their comment to the Community Post below:

I hope this helps! Have a great day!
David

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @JFSpells,

While we can use links to collect information about a user in an email template, I’d recommend either using forms or custom hosted pages to collect date of birth.

Ways to use forms/custom hosted pages to collect birthday:

• Add birthday as a field to a signup form.
  • Use a 3rd party form such as Typeform to collect birthday - you could have a link in the email template that routes users to the Typeform form on your website.
  • Use a custom hosted preference page to collect birthday - you would have a link to the preference page in the email template. This approach would require a front end web developer to custom code the page for you.
  • Use a legacy form

You will need to ensure that the birthday collected is in the accepted date format for a flow to trigger off of. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie