Solved

Currency showing as "£pound;" and not "£"

Badge +2

Hi,

In my browse abandonment email the currency symbol is showing up as “£pound;” instead of just “£”. And then in some other emails after I changed the site organisation currency to UK GBP it now shows the following:

Price: <span class=money>£35.00</span>

CompareAtPrice:<span class=money>&pound;0.00</span>

I can’t figure out if Shopify is sending this info or if Klaviyo is appending it. I just want it to show 35.00, not all that other HTML fluff. I’ve tried “|striptags” which also didn’t work. Please advise.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 24 March 2022, 20:57

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Orli Technical 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help!

Do you have a screenshot of what the preview email is displaying? The syntax you are showing is only going to use the event data sent by shopify. Seeing what it looks like in the preview email will help figure out what is actually being sent in the event data without disclosing customer data.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m having a similar issue with a client account, this is what’s showing on the preview email… and what is showing in the email editor. Both the email style is set to GBP and the account currency. I’m using the old editor for this one. Any ideas?

Badge +2

I’m having a similar issue with a client account, this is what’s showing on the preview email… and what is showing in the email editor. Both the email style is set to GBP and the account currency. I’m using the old editor for this one. Any ideas?

This, exactly. I’ve tried various things to fix but nothing has worked as of yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Orli Technical and @Katie_Farrell 

From the looks of this, it looks like the viewed product code on your Shopify store is rendering this and not being generated by Klaviyo. If you go to your product page and right click to inspect source code > search “learnq”  and you can see how Shopify is sending the information to Klaviyo. I was able to pull an example from the site @Katie_Farrell shared, to demonstrate what to look for. This will have to be resolved on your Shopify account before it will render properly in Klaviyo. 

Hope this helps get you back on track! Thank you both for being part of the Klaviyo Community and collaborating together!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @stephen.trumble Thanks so much for this reply. Do you know what I should be updating for the Viewed Product code in Shopify in order for it to pull through the currency correctly? I installed it on this 2.0 Dawn theme using this tutorial: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080407#for-shopify-2-0-themes13

Have I missed something?

-Katie

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Orli Technical Hey Orli, I just wanted to follow up on this as I don't think either of us got it resolved 100%. I decided to just remove the price for this email and leave it with just showing the product title that’s linked to what they were browsing. 

For some client accounts it works fine for me, others not, so not sure what the fix is but thought I’d let you know what I decided to do in the end.

-Katie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Katie_Farrell and @Orli Technical 

Sorry for my delay, I reached out to Shopify to ask for help answering your question but did not receive an answer from them on how to change the pricing data within Shopify (probably because I dont have an actual store with them). Because Klaviyo is using data being sent from Shopify, the changes have to be made within Shopify so we receive it in the correct format to use the way you want too. 

Badge +2

Yeh I’ve had to remove the pricing too. Seems to be a common issue with Shopify/Klaviyo integration when using GBP.

Badge

Hello @Dov ,

I’m experiencing a similar issue to the above, in the email preview the price shows up as <span class=money>$250.00</span> instead of just $250.00.

Is there any modification I should to the bloc’s code or to Shopify in order to rectify this issue, that seems to be very common in the community?

Thank you very much,

Giulio

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Giulio Lorenzini,

As Stephen mentioned, this would be something you’ll need to resolve within your Shopify backend. After that’s been rectified, the price should be passed to Klaviyo without the additional HTML going forward. 

A common area to check up on is to see if it’s an app that you’re using to optimize your product catalog that’s causing this. Else you may want to review your settings along with your product catalog and how that price field is inputted/coded. 

Since the root of the issue is on your Shopify end, I would suggest trying and reviewing some of the solutions proposed in the Shopify Community:

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Giulio Lorenzini did you ever fix this? I have just run into the same issue.

Badge +2

had the same issue, i found that this code resolved it:

Price: {{ event.Price|striptags }}