Solved

Does Welcome series overlap with abandon cart email flow?

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

when I create welcome series the trigger is when someone is subscribed to my newsletter and then abandon cart is activated when someone abandon their cart. so when a new subscriber sign in to my newsletter and then he/she abandon their cart after few days when welcome series is still active so do they receive both welcome series email and abandon cart email.

If yes is it okay for them to receive those email?

icon

Best answer by Jakub 15 March 2023, 11:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @pramesh,

Welcome to The Community!

Yes you right if you don’t implement any restriction both flows will be triggered for customer from you example. The easiest way to avoid that is to set up smart sending for specific messages in one of the flows. 

Other methods would be filter flow assumption to exclude customers who received message form Welcome Flow for example or restrict Abandoned Cart flow to send only to customer created for example at least 10 days ago.

For you second question, it depends on you flow set up if you include in you welcome series and abandoned cart some discounts later in the sequence probably not good idea to combine this two messages but from my experience in many situation overlap is pretty low so it shouldn’t have negative impact.

Looking forwards what other community members think about it?

Hi @pramesh,

Welcome to The Community!

Yes you right if you don’t implement any restriction both flows will be triggered for customer from you example. The easiest way to avoid that is to set up smart sending for specific messages in one of the flows. 

Other methods would be filter flow assumption to exclude customers who received message form Welcome Flow for example or restrict Abandoned Cart flow to send only to customer created for example at least 10 days ago.

For you second question, it depends on you flow set up if you include in you welcome series and abandoned cart some discounts later in the sequence probably not good idea to combine this two messages but from my experience in many situation overlap is pretty low so it shouldn’t have negative impact.

Looking forwards what other community members think about it?

How do we “restrict Abandoned Cart flow to send only to customer created for example at least 10 days ago”?