Solved

Dynamic properties or variables for birthday (+1 year)

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello guys! Is there any opportunity in Klaviyo to send date based email with a dynamic field or variable, something like: “congratulations on your 20 birthday” and the next year send “congratulations on your 21 birthday” and the next year send “congratulations on your 22 birthday”. 

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 26 January 2023, 00:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Oleski ,

Welcome to the Community.

I would recommend checking out our article on How to build a birthday flow!

Here are some related community posts as well:

Hope that helps,

Alex

Badge +3

I checked these articles, but didn’t find an answer for my question :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@Oleski ,

Which step of the process are you stuck on? I would make sure you first have a birthday property that appears under a user’s profile.
You will need to first create a custom property on profiles for birthdate using a flow. Then, you can use a signup form to get the birthdate. Once you have at least one birthdate populated. You can build your birthday flow using the custom field for birthdate.

Regarding a birthday flow, the birthday flow will not focus on the year of the customer's birthday, but rather the month and day. A birthday flow can be set to repeat yearly and can be sent on or before a person's birthday, which is the way your current birthday flow is set below:
?name=image.png
 For that reason, there would not be a way to insert a customer’s age for each flow using default signup forms and instead would have to be something utilizing a 3rd party app. Another way that this could be done in Klaviyo is to create a separate Age property with a numerical value and filter on that. Since birthday flows can repeat yearly they only really take into account the month and date, so there wouldn't be a way within a standard flow to filter on age. The only other way we could see this working is a script that pulls all the profiles birthdays, calculates the age and then updates the age profile property (which wouldn't be too difficult!). Especially now that we acquired https://www.napkin.io/

Hope that helps,

Alex

Badge +3

Tahnks a lot Alex for your support, probably I need this custom script. Seems it not to be that easy to do it with https://www.napkin.io/