Solved

Excluding contacts from a flow until an event has passed

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

We have a back in stock email flow set up (Via Swym/Kalviyo) When a product is back in stock, an event is created and that triggers the flow to send an email notification.

A team member opted a customer in on their behalf (we know not GPDR-compliant, we’ve told them since) but they opted them in on the wrong product. We can’t “remove” the trigger event from Kalviyo so we created an exclusion list to prevent from receiving that notification.

The item is back in stock, the flow was triggered and the email has been excluded. Can we now “unexclude” the customer or will it still trigger the event to be sent to them?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by retention 4 December 2020, 14:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@enzo.dell Hi!

I’m not really sure how you’ve excluded those certain customers. There are couple of ways to exclude people from Flow:

- Apply Flow Filters based on certain properties
- Apply Conditional Split in the Flow
- Create a List of customers and exclude that list from the Flow in the Flow Filters
- There are possibly more ways to do this

Whichever path you chose, there are a certain rules about Event triggered Flows that might help you resolve this problem.

Event triggered Flows will trigger only at the moment data is being passed through the Event. If, for any reason the customer didn’t trigger the Flow at that moment (E.g. You have excluded him), he won’t trigger it if you remove the the exclusion rules afterwards. If he comes through the Event again in the future, after you’ve removed the exclusion rules, he will then trigger the Flow at that moment.

If you have more questions, please share more details of your process and I will try to help you with more details.

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @retention!

Thanks for your response on this, that confirms my assumptions. I should have confirmed, Ive excluded via an exclusion list that I created and added for the flow as a conditional split step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @retention!

Thanks for your response on this, that confirms my assumptions. I should have confirmed, Ive excluded via an exclusion list that I created and added for the flow as a conditional split step.

Glad to help!

Be careful when you’re deleting Conditional Splits from Flows to avoid deleting the wrong path unintentionally. Deleting Conditional Split path is irreversible.