Solved

Flow Query wrt Smile rewards

• 9 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hey

I need to send emails to my customers when they reach a smile.io points balance. I have integrated it long ago. What I want is for email to be sent at 500, 1000, and 2500 points. I have set up a smile.io segment as a trigger. However, is this correct way to send emails when they reach above target??

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 February 2022, 16:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Hardik2022

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! Happy to add some more insight into this!

@In the Inbox asked some awesome questions here and brings up a very important element of understanding how flows work. 

The other question I had is how many points are awarded for this particular event, especially if this is a one-time event - ie. a customer signs up for the rewards program. 

If the “Joins Smile.io Rewards Program” trigger occurs once and pending on the number of points awarded for that action you will most likely see most people enter and exit this flow without enough points for any of your emails. 

If this event triggers every time a purchase is made as more points are earned, then I think the set up you have will work as expected (As long as you don’t have any filters for the number of times someone can enter the flow).

Otherwise, if there are other events associated to the integration, such as something to placing an order, that might work better for this setup because orders will likely be reoccurring so each time the customer would be entered into this flow and then based on their point totals at that time, they would receive the correct email. 

A user will only go through a flow once they have triggered the flow. From what we can see of the helpful screenshot you provided, your trigger action that users need to do to be pulled into this flow is ‘joins smile.io Rewards Program Member’. Is this a List the users are joining or an event associated with another integration or custom event? If it’s a List, a user only goes through a list-triggered flow once and does not stay in a flow. This flow is not the right sequence then to accomplish what you’re looking for. However, if you want your users to be constantly evaluated on whether or not they’ve hit certain ‘point ranges’, there are many options you can take! You can either:

• create segments like you mentioned on whether or not a user has this many points in their profile and create a Segment-Triggered Flow with only one message specific to that level of points. 
  • create a custom event for the metric of ‘added points’ or ‘earned points’ so you can create a metric-triggered flow with this specific trigger so the flow can be triggered multiple times once a user and evaluate where a user is. This might require custom coding, which would entail reaching out to the developer on your team or an awesome Klaviyo partner to build this out for you. 
  • add a points evaluation conditional split to @In the Inbox’s suggestion in a placed order flow email if that is when and how points are earned. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Thanks for reply.

As I said, this should trigger whenever a customers reaches 500,1000, and 2500 smile point balance. The points are updated as your purchase more.

Is it possible to form a single flow with these conditions. The other alternate is to simply create 3 segments based on these points, and then trigger flows based on them.

if u have good alternative, let me know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Hardik2022,

Notifying customers of their rewards balances, especially when they’ve achieved a reward, is a great way to drive engagement and traffic back to your website. While I have not worked with Smile.io before, I have set up programs like this using similar rewards platforms. 

I was reviewing the Smile.io integration information and it only outlines the Smile.io properties that are syncs to your Klaviyo customer properties. However, in reviewing your screenshot, it does appear there is at least one trigger event “Joins Smile.io Rewards Program.”

I wasn’t sure what triggers this event. Is it when someone signs up for the rewards program on your site? Are customers auto-enrolled in the rewards program after a purchase? Does this event fire for every purchase?

The other question I had is how many points are awarded for this particular event, especially if this is a one-time event - ie. a customer signs up for the rewards program. 

If the “Joins Smile.io Rewards Program” trigger occurs once and pending on the number of points awarded for that action you will most likely see most people enter and exit this flow without enough points for any of your emails. 

If this event triggers every time a purchase is made as more points are earned, then I think the set up you have will work as expected (As long as you don’t have any filters for the number of times someone can enter the flow).

Otherwise, if there are other events associated to the integration, such as something to placing an order, that might work better for this setup because orders will likely be reoccurring so each time the customer would be entered into this flow and then based on their point totals at that time, they would receive the correct email. 

The other option which isn’t automatic is to send the emails manually - maybe once a month. This option works well if you award points for other actions on your website other than joining or making a purchase. 

I may be able to offer some alternative methods to setting this up if there is any other information you can share about the Smile.io integration and possible other events (Which you could confirm via the Analytics section). 

Best,

@In the Inbox