Solved

How can I add 'line_items' to my Order upcoming on ReCharge Flow?

• 1 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi

I use ReCharge and the ‘Order upcoming on ReCharge’ trigger to power a flow.

However two of the data fields don’t appear in the flow setup, but do exist when I have a look at the activity feed or on someone's profile.

The two are ‘line_items’ and ‘shipping_address’, both of them are array data types, is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

Andy

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 October 2021, 14:15

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

I am having a related problem. I want to use the data fields mentioned above in the text of the email, in the same flow (upcoming charge reminder for ReCharge) to customize the email. Don’t see these data fields as properties that I can dynamically pull in. Has anyone set up an upcoming charge flow that includes these customized data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @jamieasfawcooper

Thanks for sharing your question with us!

In order to find the Event Variable Tags mentioned above, you will need to navigate to the Preview Tab in your email template to find the event data you want. Once you’ve clicked the Preview tab, you should be able to see data for each customer’s upcoming order and insert the dynamic tags in your email. However, you will only be able to view this event data and pull these dynamic tags once the Flow has been triggered. An event would have to be logged in the account before you could see any event data. This might be the reason why you can’t find the appropriate data. This Community Post would give more insight into previewing event data. 

However, if there are orders flowing through the preview that you can see, do you mind sending over a screenshot of what you see when you click the ‘Preview’ Tab in your email template? It would help me investigate this further and get to the bottom of what might be happening. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Reco

Thanks for sharing your question in the Community! 

Yes, both ‘line_items’ and ‘shipping_address’ are Array Data Types that should be pulling up in your email if there is event data to dynamically pull. Do you mind elaborating a little more on where you’re looking for this data in your email template and where it’s not displaying? You can find Event Variable Tags such as ‘line_items’ and ‘shipping_address’ in an email’s event data when you hit the Preview Tab in the email template. You can scroll or hit ‘Command + F ’ to find the specific array data for each order that is queued to receive the Flow email. 

Thank for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

At the moment I'm just trying to use them in a trigger split, not an email, but they do’ appear, see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Reco

Thanks for the screenshot! It helped give me further insight into what might be happening here. 

It appears that you are intending to split your paths depending on this data, I would suggest using a Conditional Split instead of a Trigger Split if you do not find the option you want. It seems that the data you’re looking for might be too far ingrained with other data to be able to pull out. To replace ‘line_items’ in the  the Conditional Split, I suggest using the logic: What someone has done > ordered product > name > _______ (insert your product). You can change or alter this in any way to fit the exact goal you want to accomplish in your Flow, however this might be a helpful starting place. 

Additionally for ‘shipping_address’, I would also recommend using a conditional split and using the Properties About someone > Address option. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor