Solved

How Can I Send an Email Campaign to a Specific Buyer?

• 5 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Is it possible to send an email campaign to people who purchases X product and exclude those who bought Y product? 

also, is there a way I can send email to the people who are in my “profile” but I don’t see them in my subscribers list ? 

icon

Best answer by Paul S 5 January 2021, 14:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Markp

So “Is it possible to send an email campaign to people who purchases X product and exclude those who bought Y product?”

This is absolutely possible! In terms of how you should plan on setting this up, you’ll first want to create a segment of people who purchased X product. (Guide to Creating Segments) You’ll likely want to use the ordered product metric and click on “Add Filter” after choosing the ordered product metric so you can specify which product (product X) that you are interested in. I would also make sure to include an AND statement that the person be in your main mailing list (have opted in to receive campaign emails) AND that they are also not suppressed so you get a true number of how many people fall into this segment that are still actively subscribed. By leaving out the “is not suppressed” definition, you could potentially have an inflated number of profiles as this would take into account people who may have unsubscribed.

You would then want to create a second segment pretty much with the same exact definitions but making sure to choose product Y as the product that they had ordered.

From there you would create a campaign and make sure to set up the send so it would be sent to the segment of people who bought product X and make sure to exclude the segment of people who bought product Y: How to Exclude Lists and Segments from a Campaign

For the second question you had “is there a way I can send email to the people who are in my “profile” but I don’t see them in my subscribers list”

Our best practice is to only send campaign emails to those who are actively subscribed (explicitly opted in to receive marketing emails) as somebody who is only listed as a profile likely ended up in your account through the integration we have with your ecomm platform (Shopify) but may not have opted in to receive marketing emails. These profiles are still eligible for behavioral based automations like a browse abandonment email, or abandoned cart email, but should likely be left off of your campaign sends which is why I like to include the definition for segments to include that they are a part of your main mailing list and also not suppressed. The reason for this is that it relates to deliverability as we don’t want your customers or potential customers to mark the email as spam which could land more of your emails in the spam folder, even for customers who have opted in to receive your communication. Here is a link that outlines this in more detail: Understanding Deliverability Best Practices

I hope you find this information helpful!