Solved

"newsletter sign up form" in post purchase email

• 30 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Once again I’m turning to the always reliable and helpful KLaviyo community =)

Is there a way that someone can sign up to my email list directly in a email I send them?

So I’d like to add an email to my post-purchase email flow that invites people who have not yet signed up to my email list, to sign up.

I’d like for them to be able to sign up directly in the email they receive. So they don’t have to go to my website to sign up but can do it directly in the email.

Ideally there should be an empty field where they can type their email adress and a button that says “sign up” or “submit” or something like that. 

So in a way I’d like to “integrate” a sign up form into the email. 

is that possible? 

Or if that’s not possible and since I already have their email adress, maybe alternatively I could instead add two buttons to the email, “sign up” and “don’t sign up”

Then those buttons would have to collect that information (yes/no) about those customers and add them to corresponding lists/ segments 

Would that be possible? 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 30 November 2022, 16:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @In the Inbox thanks for your reply! I’m still missing something.

For the URL for the button in my email {% update_property_link 'emailpreference' 'all' 'redirect_link' %} I dont know what link to use for the ‘redirect_link’ part

If I would just want to redirect them back to my webpage after choosing their email preference I would just use “https://raysandriches.com/” 

but if I want to send them to the landing page that I created in Klaviyo? 

How/where do I find that landing pages’ URL?

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Lucia937 

If you’re willing to make another landing page for these users that confirms their opt-in to the newsletter, I think that would be great. Alternatively, you could redirect them back to your website and set up a segment-based trigger flow that emails the user shortly afterwards to confirm their subscription. 

A couple of options to consider.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@In the Inbox I do have a question about the redirect URL for after they clicked the button.

I’ve created a landing page using Klaviyos sign up forms. For europeans it will also have an option to opt in/ opt out of targeted online ads, for all others I just want to show them a thank you / success notification, so that people know their choice has been registered.

But I’m a bit lost on how to send people to that sign up form… 

What do I choose for the redirect URL of the button of my email? 

many thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for your quick reply!

Ok I see, in this case I’ll go the route with the button. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Lucia937 

Thank you for posting your question in the Klaviyo community.

In this case, you cannot use an email as a form to collect information. However, I assume since someone is in your Post-Purchase flow, that user is already in Klaviyo.

Rather than have someone sign up to another list, you could simply create a segment of users who click a button in the email, and then use that segment to send your newsletter. 

This article walks through the process of using a click in an email to save a custom profile property which you can then use to create your segment.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005255248-How-to-Use-Links-to-Collect-Information-About-Your-Recipients#adding-buttons-or-links-that-update-profile-properties1

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@In the Inbox