Solved

Order confirmation email

• 20 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have just done a test purchase on my shopify store and I received a shopify confirmation email and a klayvio confirmation email. How can I just send the klayvio email?

I also received a ‘confirm your subscription’ email, I will add a print screen below. Is this shopify or klayvio sending that email? I want to turn it off.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 20 March 2023, 22:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @acldn

When you setup abandoned cart emails in Klaviyo, typically you’ll want to disable that in Shopify.  You can see your Shopify Cart Abandonment email in your Checkout Settings. 

See here:

If you are seeing the “Confirm Subscription” - that’s because the List you are adding your subscribers are set to “Double Opt In” in Klaviyo.  You can set this to “Single Opt In” to skip this email if you’d like by following this guide:

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi, thank you for your response!

Its actually the order confirmation email that is being sent twice - is there any way I can stop this being sent on shopify when someone makes an order? As i just want the klayvio one. 

And I have all of my single opt ins on and it still sent the email. I will re-order and see if it does it again.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @acldn 

Jumping in to help here! Do you have Shopify Plus? Only users with Shopify Plus are able to turn off order confirmation emails. If you do not have Shopify Plus, you can still use the klaviyo template you built, but will have to export and upload it into your Shopify account. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Thank you stephen!

How can I go about doing that?

Thanks!

Badge +2

(I don’t have shopify plus so will have to export it for now)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @acldn 

The second article I shared in my previous comment has all the steps you need to export from Klaviyo and upload to Shopify. Just incase, here it is again: How to personalize and export Shopify notification emails.

Hope this helps!