Solved

Photos aren't appearing in cart abandonment emails

• 24 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Product photos are not being shown in my cart abandonment flow.

I tried to add photos of different shapes an sizes to my shopify store, and I even have the products listed on klaviyo, and yet I can never see the actual photo on email. 

I tried to go to products and see if I could do something there, but with the new feed i cant seem to click on anything at all.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Thanks for reading this!

icon

Best answer by ghostl 24 October 2022, 15:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @ghostl 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

Are you using one of Klaviyo’s standard ecomm integrations (Shopify?) and is the email being triggered off of the Checkout Started metric?

If you are using a standard integration, my first thought is that the dynamic table block in the cart abandon message isn’t configured correctly vs. an issue with the product feed. 

A couple of quick things to check in the email:

• Click on the product block (should be a table block) and confirm its configured for dynamic content. If its set to ‘static’ you’ll want to update this
  • Check the Data Source. The Row Collection should be event.extra.line_items and the Row Alias should be item.
  • The image column should be configured using a Placeholder link (below)
{% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}

If all three of these elements are configured correctly then I would double check your integration, but I always start here if I am having issues with the dynamic block not rending items from the cart. 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge +3

Hello @In the Inbox .

I checked as you suggested and this is what I have so far. 

I couldn’t find the third configuration.

I don’t know if that is the cause or not, but here is my shopify integration in klaviyo just in case. 

If there is any other data that I can provide, I would be happy to. 

Thanks a lot!

Badge +3

@In the Inbox Thanks a bunch. I actually found the placeholder url, or dynamic image as it is called now and inserted the link.

It worked!!!!!

Once again, thanks a lot!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @ghostl 

Glad to hear it! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Badge

Hey, Am trying to bring in Abandoned cart data into a custom template. I created a fresh abandoned cart workflow, saved the default “Cart Items” block of code that Klaviyo generates. I switch the template and insert the block, but I cannot get product images to show for the life of me. ONE product will show an image, and the rest are blank. It’s an uncommon product so typically the entire list is missing images.

Badge +1

Hello @ghostl. Please how did you do it?

Badge +1

@In the Inbox Thanks a bunch. I actually found the placeholder url, or dynamic image as it is called now and inserted the link.

It worked!!!!!

Once again, thanks a lot!!!!

Please how did you do it? I’ve got hundreds of products in my store but non is showing on the abandoned cart  email

Badge +3

{% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}
This is what worked for me

Badge

Hi Thanks for the info, Can you confirm in which section of the email builder you added the coding {% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}

I cant see where this should go.

Thanks Becky