Recently viewed product feed Campaigns vs Flows

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 42 replies

Hi,

I need some clarification on this topic.

Do I understand correctly, that Product Feed containing products, that customer recently viewed is working in Flows only? And there is no possibility to show recently viewed products in campaigns?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 15 March 2023, 16:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Lina 

Happy to help! The Recently Viewed Product data would only be available when using the Viewed Product metric. 

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you for the clarification @In the Inbox .

One more thing:

Does Recently Viewed Products feed would work correctly in every flow (e.g. Birthday Flow) or only in Browse Abandonment flow (triggered by Viewed Product event)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Lina 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

Because the Viewed Product metric is called in real-time as users view different products on your website, that data is tied to the event and cannot necessarily be used in a static email. Ie. you won’t be able to dynamically show a user’s most recent last viewed product in a campaign. 

However, you can use the Viewed Product event to create a segment and use the additional filters to create the segment around a specific product.

So, if you want to send a campaign to someone who has last viewed Product A, you can create a segment where the action is Viewed Product and then you set addition filters to only include users who Viewed Product A. 

In this case, you would need to set the campaign to target a specific product (vs the campaign dynamically showing the last viewed product), but its possible to use the Viewed Product to send a campaign. 

But, I would recommend using the flow for Last Viewed as it will send the email in a more real-time fashion which will boost engagement with your customers.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@In the Inbox