Solved

Replenishment Flow Trigger Filters

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone, I’m looking for a better way to manage a Replenishment Flow than what Klaviyo recommends in the prebuilt option.

Currently, the prebuilt flow uses a trigger of “Placed Order” but waits ‘x’ days to send the first Replenishment email. I dislike the ‘x’ day wait since I’ll be waiting 25 days. I don’t want to wait that long before the first email delivers.

Ideally, I want the trigger to have addition filters like:

[Placed Order Zero Times Since Entering This Flow]

+

[Placed Order Zero Time In The Last 25 Days.]

then

[Send First Replenishment Email]

^ Would that logic allow me to remove the 25 Day Wait provided in Klaviyo’s prebuilt Replenishment Flow?

Or, should the filter be

[Placed Order 24 Days Ago]

+

+

[Wait 1 Day]

then

[Send First Email]

icon

Best answer by ksanfelipe 21 January 2021, 14:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @awalters ,

You’ll want to maintain the existing setup with a 25 day time delay. Your other suggestions won’t work and I’ll try to explain why:

Option 1:

+

[Placed Order Zero Time In The Last 25 Days.]

Nobody would qualify for this flow because it can’t be possible that someone has triggered the flow by placing an order, but has also placed 0 orders in the last 25 days.

Option 2:

[Placed Order 24 Days Ago]

+

+

[Wait 1 Day]

The trigger event of placing an order can’t be backdated 24 days- you could achieve this with a segment trigger instead but that creates other issues… specifically that someone will fall out of your flow if they stop meeting the segment conditions at any point, and also that someone can’t enter a segment-based flow more than once per lifetime.

The best/cleanest way to go about this is to use the default setup with a 25 day time delay. If you want to see more immediate results from your flow, then you can back populate the flow to backfill purchasers from the last 25 days. For information: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049924272-How-to-Back-Populate-a-Flow#metric-triggered-flows3

Just keep in mind that flows with dynamic coupon codes cannot be backpopulated, so you’ll want to make sure your templates do not use unique codes.

Reply back if you have any questions!

Badge +2

Do the backfilled shoppers skip the 25 Day Wait before the first email is sent? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Backpopulating the flow will queue users up relative to when they completed the trigger event.

This means that users who purchased exactly 25 days will be queued up to receive the flow today (assuming they meet all other conditions of the flows). If someone purchased, say, 13 days ago, then they’ll get queued up to receive the flow in 12 days, again assuming that all other flow conditions are met. Someone who purchased 26 days ago won’t receive the flow at all, because they’ve already exceeded the time delays of the flow.

Badge +2

That’s a crystal clear explanation. Mucho gracias!

Badge +1

Hello! 

The other problem I´m having is how to remove the profiles that have repurchased within the 25 days replenish window? 

I tried with a filter but it only worked for a few days and now stopped to work.

Thanks in advance