Solved

Abandon cart emails sending multiples

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Good morning! 

Our abandon cart email flow shows that there have only been 2 emails sent, but during testing, we are seeing many, many more of these emails. We have an integration with woocommerce. Any idea why this might be happening?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 19 September 2022, 22:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Digital Chomp,

Thanks for sharing to the Community. For further assistance do you mind sharing the flow filters you used for the Started Checkout process? Also I would be sure to check your profiles to see if they have not triggered multiple Started Checkout events. 

Badge +1

Hi Alex,

It could be that they are starting multiple checkout events, the site owner is working on the site for launch and she might be creating TONS of carts just testing. So I did mention to her that may be the reason, but she is worried it’s going to happen to customers when we go live. If it’s a multiple cart situation - I am not sure the best way to explain it to her…. that if customers create more than one cart or if they create a cart then come back to the site, make a new cart, and do that, etc. they’ll get an abandon cart email with every “cart” they order? 
I did add a filter since posting this to only send if they have not been in the flow in the last 60 days (which I assume would limit the number of abandon cart to only one every two months if they are active on the site often).

My concern with the above screenshots was why does the flow show only TWO emails sent, but her email clearly has many more than two. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @Digital Chomp,

Is there a way you could check to see if WooCommere would be sending these emails as well or are they all sent from Klaviyo. Customers can be flagged for multiple abandoned cart prerequisites based on the filters that are in place.