Solved

Abandon Cart Flow on working on Woo commerce

• 29 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have setup a new abandon cart flow fro woo commerce and it’s not working. I have other flows as well which are working fine so Klaviyo is well integrated. 

Someone told me that it could be happening because I have a single step checkout on the website. 

Can someone tell me if Abandon Cart flows work with single step checkout on Woo commerce? 

icon

Best answer by Paul S 2 February 2021, 23:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Abhinav,

So just talking through how the abandoned cart flow typically functions. The flow is triggered by a Started Checkout event. There is typically a flow filter that checks to see if a Placed Order event is tracked after a Started Checkout. Both events are important in order for an Abandoned Cart flow to work properly. With a one step started checkout event, unless that one step event has different time stamps for the Started Checkout and Placed order and is tracking each event separately, I think it’s difficult to get the flow set up because it’s either missing the starting event or cannot track when the email needs to be sent. With a one step checkout, I have to assume that the started checkout and placed order are the same event so we wouldn’t be able to tell when someone has not actually completed their checkout.

Here is a link to what is typically needed for an Abandoned Cart Flow: Getting Started Handbook - Guide to Creating an Abandoned Cart Flow

I hope the above makes sense from a setup standpoint. If the started checkout and placed order metric from the one step checkout are recorded as two separate events, let us know and we can see if we can get this to work.