Solved

Abandon Cart Flow - Product links not working

• 1 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there,

A few months ago I noticed the products linked in my abandoned cart flows were taking users to a ‘page not found’ screen. I saw it was due to a ‘/’ missing from the URL. 

I revised my product code to {{ organization.url }}/products/{{ item.product.handle }} and that seemed to fix the issue. 

Recently, I tested my abandon cart email again and noticed the url the product link is taking users to has switched back to: theunistore.com.auproducts (missing a ‘/’). I have not edited my product code since the last time I fixed it so have no idea what’s causing the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by david.to 27 April 2021, 16:50

Hey @vickieex 

Adding to @caroline’s comments, one solution that may be easier than adding the “/” manually within all your email templates’s button and product title syntaxes - which may get strenuous - would be to update how Klaviyo is recognizing your {{ organization.url }} syntax.

In this case, if you updated your Organization URL within your Account settings to include this “/” so that your website reads “example.com/”; then those dynamic links within your Abandoned Cart emails would automatically amend this “/” when rendered. This strategy is further highlighted by @shoshana.antunes in the follow Community Post: 

Let us know how this goes!
- David

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing with the Community! Is it possible that you did not save the changes the first time you edited the URL structure?

Best,

Caroline

Badge

Hi there! 

I did save the URL structure as it was working for several weeks post edit when I tested it. When I clicked ‘edit’ the link was still the revised link. It just no longer works in the emails sent out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @vickieex,

Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly, the structure of the URL in the template is still “{{ organization.url }}/products/{{ item.product.handle }}”, but the first slash mark is removed when the URL renders?

Best,

Caroline

Badge

Hi Caroline,

Yes that’s correct. Not sure why the slash mark is removing itself but it’s causing all product links to break when the abandoned cart email gets sent to customers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @vickieex 

Adding to @caroline’s comments, one solution that may be easier than adding the “/” manually within all your email templates’s button and product title syntaxes - which may get strenuous - would be to update how Klaviyo is recognizing your {{ organization.url }} syntax.

In this case, if you updated your Organization URL within your Account settings to include this “/” so that your website reads “example.com/”; then those dynamic links within your Abandoned Cart emails would automatically amend this “/” when rendered. This strategy is further highlighted by @shoshana.antunes in the follow Community Post: 

Let us know how this goes!
- David

Badge

David’s solution of adding a ‘/’ to the website URL in account settings worked.

Thanks!