Solved

Abandoned cart flow: cart empty in the website after clicking on the button "return to your cart' in the email

• 22 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

Dear All, 

I created my 1st flow: Abandoned cart 

Trigger: When someone checkout started 

Filters: Place order zero times since starting this flow 

The abandoned card/references of the product/pictures appear well in the email but when we click on the button ‘return to your cart’ the cart seems empty on the website. The client is not able to find again his cart with the products and quantities.

I checked the settings and I correctly used in the button: {{ event.extra.checkout_url }}

Do you have any idea?

thank you so much

icon

Best answer by ksanfelipe 22 January 2021, 17:06

To follow up:

If using Magento, the tag {{ event.extra.checkout_url }} should work. 

If using Magento 2, you’ll want to use {{ organization.url }}reclaim/checkout/cart?quote_id={{ event.Extra.QuoteID }}

If you are having issues with either one of these, any screenshots of the actual implementation would be helpful!

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @CDJ08 !

Do you have a Shopify integration? If so, try :

{{ event.extra.responsive_checkout_url }}

This should re-load the cart contents regardless of what device a user opens the link on!

Badge

Hi @ksanfelipe 

I have a magento Integration, 
I will check 

thank you very much

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @CDJ08

That tag will only work for Shopify integrations. Do you use Magento or Magento 2?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

To follow up:

If using Magento 2, you’ll want to use {{ organization.url }}reclaim/checkout/cart?quote_id={{ event.Extra.QuoteID }}

If you are having issues with either one of these, any screenshots of the actual implementation would be helpful!

Badge

To follow up:

I am having the exact same issue with Bigcommerce - any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @WonderWho,

BigCommerce doesn’t pass us any kind of responsive link or cart token in the “Checkout Started” event, so we cannot rebuild a cart for that integration. If you’re interested, however, Arctic Leaf created an app that will allow you to regenerate a person’s cart with BigCommerce! For info:  https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/klaviyo-cart-rebuilder-by-arctic-leaf/

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ksanfelipe thank you for sharing the information. It is extremely helpful. 

Badge

Hi @WonderWho,

BigCommerce doesn’t pass us any kind of responsive link or cart token in the “Checkout Started” event, so we cannot rebuild a cart for that integration. If you’re interested, however, Arctic Leaf created an app that will allow you to regenerate a person’s cart with BigCommerce! For info:  https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/klaviyo-cart-rebuilder-by-arctic-leaf/

Thank you SO very much!!

Hi everybody! The same happens to my. I have klaviyo integrated with woocomerce…

please your help

best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello @Leon.andaur,

Are you using {{ organization.url }}cart?wck_rebuild_cart={{ event.extra.CartRebuildKey }} as the button’s Link URL? Using this specific link for your button’s Link URL should rebuild your recipient’s cart for WooCommerce as highlighted in the Rebuilding Carts from an Abandoned Cart Flow section of the How to Integrate with WooCommerce article. 

Hope this helps!

-David