Solved

Abandoned Cart Flow does not show products

• 13 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello Klaviyo users!

So I just set up some new campaigns, but for some reason when I set up abandoned cart flows, it does not show the products that the person has left in their cart. We use Shopify, I dont know if that is key information in this.

This is what it looks like (from standard).

And this is what it looks like when I preview it:

No products what so ever….

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 14 December 2021, 00:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @profidaemil

Welcome to the Community, we are so glad you’re here! 

There could be many reasons why there are no products populating in your email preview. It seems that you are just setting up your Klaviyo account, that’s awesome!

First, can you confirm that you have you fully walked through the process of adding event variables to personalize your flows? If you haven’t installed these variables yet, this could account for nothing populating in your email preview. 

It’s important to note that the event data will only track for users previously cookied by Klaviyo. To only track a ‘cookied’ browser means that a user has already taken an action with your account through Klaviyo and is an ‘known’ browser. Klaviyo doesn’t track ‘unknown’ browsers, or users who haven’t subscribed to you marketing or placed an order with you company and given you their email. 

However, if you can ensure that you have:

• installed viewed product
  • installed added to cart
  • have installed the correct event variables to your email specific to a Shopify integration

The issue could be that a cookeid browser hasn’t performed the events yet, therefore there’s no event data to pull from. You could cookie yourself and start the checkout process, input your information then abandon checkout and see if this populates your correct information into an email preview. To cookie yourself  add ‘ /?utm_email=(enteryouremailaddresshere) ’ to the end of your browser and hit enter and now navigate to your product page to add something to your cart and proceed with the correct actions.

Thanks or sharing your question in the Community! 

-Taylor