Solved

Abandoned cart - Shopify Previous Users

• 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello,

1. I just started with Klaviyo and created my first Abandoned Cart Flow, I do not see the users who Abandoned the cart on my profiles, but they are in Shopify list. How can I retarget them with this AC Flow?

2. Do I need to disable the Shopify Abandoned Cart email settings, or it will just use the Klaviyo settings automatically?

3. How I can disable the Klaviyo Double-Opt?

I find it complicated and overwhelming so far.
Thank you for your help

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 8 December 2020, 04:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Likemike 

1. Double check in Klaviyo to see if the data is flowing correctly.  To see if you’re getting info on Checkout started users.  Go to think like in Analytics: 
  1. I’d recommend disabling Shopify’s abandoned cart email; otherwise, your subscriber will get both.
  1. Good question, it use to be under List → Settings.  @cassy.lee is double opt-in mandatory now?  I don’t see the checkbox in any of my accounts from these instructions:  https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108-The-Double-Opt-In-Process
  • Regarding double opt-in, I’d recommend having it on if the option is there.  Your list will be much more valuable.  Too many burner accounts out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@cassy.lee it’s all good, found the answer from @retention’s reply to another post.. re-posting it here for @Likemike :

The Double Opt-in feature in Klaviyo is hidden from the settings by default for free plan. If you are on a paid plan in Klaviyo, you can submit a request to enable this option for your account here: Klaviyo Contact Form.

Ask Klaviyo support team to reveal that option for you, so you can toggle Double Opt-in on and off for each of your lists.

After you get a confirmation that the option is enabled for your account, navigate to the List for which you want to turn off the Double Opt-in. Open the list and click on “Settings”. Uncheck the “Require subscribers to confirm their subscription before being added to your list.” option.

Hey @Likemike 

1. Double check in Klaviyo to see if the data is flowing correctly.  To see if you’re getting info on Checkout started users.  Go to think like in Analytics: 

Hello @Manny Singh Thank you for your help. I looked at that, it just shows the customers who finished the checkout and ordered, the customers who abandoned the cart did not appear, I have them on Shopify though, how I can retarget them? please advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Likemike 

Hello @Manny Singh Thank you for your help. I looked at that, it just shows the customers who finished the checkout and ordered, the customers who abandoned the cart did not appear, I have them on Shopify though, how I can retarget them? please advice. 

Send 3 screenshots: your analytics from checkout started, analytics from placed order and your abandoned cart flow (with filters)