Solved

Abandoned Checkout Reminder - Cart Rebuild leads to empty cary

• 17 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have created a abandoned checkout reminder flow and I am using the following url on the ‘Return to Cart’ button. {{ organization.url }}/basket?wck_rebuild_basket={{ event.extra.BasketRebuildKey }}

It is correctly taking me back to the cart but the cart is empty

Does anyone know why this might be? I have integrated WooCommerce

Thanks for your help

Ric

icon

Best answer by David To 18 October 2022, 21:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ricbrooks,

When you’re previewing your email, are you previewing it as the same Started Checkout event you triggered yourself or as an actual site visitor? 

One thing I can think of that could be causing this behavior was if you were previewing the email as a customer that has already completed their purchase. In which case, because the purchase was already completed, the cart/basket would not be retrievable - resulting in the CTA leading to an empty cart page. 

In my experience, on smaller instances, I’ve also seen this sort of behavior if you were using a custom or third-party checkout service that may be causing some confusion or disconnect. For example, if you use a custom checkout service, depending on how it is setup, you may need to trigger your flow off of a custom Started Checkout event as opposed to the standard WooCommerce one. Although you may be able to build a flow off of the WooCommerce Started Checkout event, the full data potentially may not be relayed as part of the event causing a disconnect when you’re trying to build your flow emails out. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Hello @ricbrooks,

When you’re previewing your email, are you previewing it as the same Started Checkout event you triggered yourself or as an actual site visitor? 

One thing I can think of that could be causing this behavior was if you were previewing the email as a customer that has already completed their purchase. In which case, because the purchase was already completed, the cart/basket would not be retrievable - resulting in the CTA leading to an empty cart page. 

In my experience, on smaller instances, I’ve also seen this sort of behavior if you were using a custom or third-party checkout service that may be causing some confusion or disconnect. For example, if you use a custom checkout service, depending on how it is setup, you may need to trigger your flow off of a custom Started Checkout event as opposed to the standard WooCommerce one. Although you may be able to build a flow off of the WooCommerce Started Checkout event, the full data potentially may not be relayed as part of the event causing a disconnect when you’re trying to build your flow emails out. 

I hope this helps!

David

Hi David, I have the same issue and I’m using CartFlow as custom checkout.
Can you help me fix this issue?
I can bring back my customer to checkout page easily, but all fields are empty so this is not properly a checkout recovery.

Thanks