Add an specific date as a delay time in a flow

• 20 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I am trying to set a 4 email welcome series flow where:

• Email #1: sent after sign up form submission
  • Email #2: I want it to be sent on the 26th November

Can I set a delay time related to an specific date??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 20 October 2022, 19:56

View original

5 replies

Badge

Delays can be set for Days, Hours, Minutes. You can’t put a specific DATE - but you can put specific delay for the TIME OF THE DAY and DAY OF THE WEEK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Pintxel and welcome to the Community!

Just as @Techie Mommy Laurice mentioned, flows are triggered by customer actions, and the time delay functions are dependent on those actions, which means that it’s not possible for a flow to be triggered on a manually-set date.

However, Campaigns can be scheduled in advance for a specific date, so you can simulate a triggered flow by creating a Campaign for your subscribers list using the Determine Recipients at Send Time function. This function ensures that the Campaign is updated to include every subscriber that’s joined between the time that you created the Campaign and the moment that it’s delivered to the recipients. The option is available at the Review step of Campaign creation, and you must choose a time and time zone in order for it to appear:

You can replicate this simulated flow as many times as you like, but there is a caveat to look out for:

Say you’d like to send another welcome email to new Subscribers on the specific date of Dec. 10, but don’t want the recipients of the Nov. 26 email to receive a duplicate. Then you should create a new Segment of customers that have subscribed after you sent the Nov. 26 email. This can be accomplished by navigating to Lists & Segments > Create List / Segment > Segment > Define Conditions below:

Now when you go to send your Campaign, just select this newly created Segment instead of the entire Subscriber’s List, so that no older subscribers receive a duplicate:

For even more perspective on this issue, feel free to check out this thread that was answered by my colleague, David:

Hope this helps and thanks for using the Community!

-Brian

Badge +1

Thanks so much both @Techie Mommy Laurice and @Brian Turcotte. Have a great weekend!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@Pintxel My Pleasure! Thanks again for using the Community!

-Brian

Badge

If the Klaviyo system can determine dates, then triggering an email within a flow should be fairly easy function to set up. I have seen other CRM systems that do that and it is essential for things like webinar funnels. I’ve set up a flow for webinar and now realised that I can’t send out my notifications before or after the webinar date, frustrating!