Solved

Add To Cart Trigger Question

• 25 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Klaviyo offers a true abandoned cart flow (as opposed to an abandoned checkout flow) by allowing us to use the Shopify Add To Cart trigger. My question is why is the default flow configured so that the CTA button takes the customer back to the product that was added to the cart rather than the cart itself? How do I configure it so that when the customer clicks on the CTA button they are taken to their shopping cart? 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 25 January 2021, 10:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Scott S No, because Add To Cart flow is more similar to Viewed Product metric and it record each product added to cart separately.

So if you for example add 5 products in cart and start a checkout, Started Checkout metric will record this as 1 started checkout with 5 different products and you will see them all in the emails. But Add To Cart works separately, if you add 5 products in cart Add To Cart metric will record 5 different Add To Cart events with 1 product.

And if you took the automatic set up of the flow with Add To Cart metric it is set up only to show the last product added in cart for each person. This is happening because of the filter Added to Cart zero times since starting this flow. This filter is making sure if person add 5 products in cart not to send 5 emails but just the last product he added to cart. Flow will trigger 5 times but the first 4 won’t send because after each of them new product was added to cart and the flow filter was activated.. After the last one (5th in this case) no new products are added in cart and if the person don’t start checkout or place an order they will receive an email with the last product added to cart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Scott S I think this metric “Add To Cart” is set up that way to not have a code that directly lead to cart but only to the product page so that is why they have the automatic set up that way. I think one thing that may help you here is to add direct link to your cart:

For example https://www.yourwebsitename.com/cart or whatever the link to your cart page is.. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there,

I understand your problem. Klaviyo is the best email marketing tool ever and klaviyo has the options that you want Call To Action (CTA)!

Please read the following link bellow:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018227032

Hope it’s help you Thank You.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

When constructing the URL, you will need to use the following format:

https://www.mysite.com/STOREFRONT_ID/checkouts/{{ event.extra.token }}?discount={% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %}

This token reconstructs the checkout and is unique in each Started Checkout event in Klaviyo. You will need to fill in "mysite" with your website URL, "STOREFRONT_ID" with your unique storefront ID, and "NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON" with the coupon name (must be an exact match of the name -- capitalization matters).

You can find your storefront ID by clicking on the event data for a Started Checkout event and grabbing the first part of a checkout_url.

First, navigate to your Analytics tab and select Checkout Started. Here, click on the timestamp for one of the events.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yeah - just including a URL to the cart page seems the best solution.  I have a related question. In my abandoned checkout flow it will display all the products in the cart however currently in my abandoned cart flow based on the ‘Add To Cart’ Shopify trigger it only displays one product. Is it possible to have the email populate with all the items in the cart?