Solved

Adding 'Back to Product' button to Browse Abandonment

• 16 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We have created a Browse Abandonment flow and included the dynamic blocks for product image, name and price for the product they have browsed on site. 

We would like to direct them back to the product they have browsed from this email but I can’t see what code I need to include to send them back to that product? 

Please can someone point me in the right direction so I can add this to the email and get the flow live. 

If this isn’t something that is best practice, I would be grateful for a recommendation of what we should do? 

Thanks, Laura

icon

Best answer by Dov 16 November 2021, 21:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @LauraPerkins,

Thank you for sharing this question with us in the Klaviyo community.

The best practice here (if you were starting from scratch) would be to select the default Browse Abandonment flow from our flows library. You can access the flows library by clicking on Flows > Create Flow > Browse Abandonment. This is the best option because the default dynamic block contained in the email from this flow template contains the tag necessary to pull users back to the item they browsed. The tag you’re looking for is:

{{ event.URL }}

It sounds like you already have the block built, in which case you can either insert this tag into the block manually (as shown above), or you can run through the steps to create a net-new Browse Abandonment flow, and save the dynamic block, then insert that saved dynamic block into your existing email. 

For more information on dynamic content, and to better understand how to identify which dynamic tag to use in any circumstance in a Klaviyo template, I recommend checking out the thread below: