Solved

Adding Dynamic Image of Last Viewed Product

• 21 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have already built a browse abandonment flow that is triggered when someone is entered into a list. I have a Klaviyo pop up on product pages when they intend to leave or after they have been there for a certain amount of time but have not added to cart or started checkout. 

I want to add an image to the first email that will display the photo of the last product that they viewed. For some reason it wont show up when i follow the instructions from: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000104431-How-to-Insert-a-Dynamic-Image-in-an-Event-Based-Flow-Email

It does work if i use the template flow browse abandonment standard but even if i make that a template email and put the same email into my current flow, it doesn't show the dynamic info. I wonder if its because my flow is not triggered by an event? I track the viewed product from Shopify inside Klaviyo, but for some reason this dynamic content isn't working….what am i doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 22 April 2022, 02:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @JD247 

Really great question, thanks for asking!

Dynamic images can only be used in event triggered flows, therefore it will not work in a list triggered flow. However, you can achieve something similar by adding a trigger filter What someone has or has not done then select viewed product > at least once > over all time.  Adding this trigger filter will allow you to build a table block in the email that will pull in their most recently viewed items. The article i just linked will walk you through exactly how to build the table block in the email editor.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble I have tried adding the triggers to both the flow trigger and also as a filter on the email, both ways did not show the viewed product. It was just blank. ANything i should look at?