Solved

"AfterShip Returns" and Klaviyo integration

Badge +1

Hi there,

My business is a clothing subscription box service. Customers pay a styling fee,  and we send clothes out to them to try on, decide what they’re keeping, and send the rest back. Then, we charge them for whatever they’ve decided to keep. The fact that items aren’t paid for when they go out in a delivery has made a lot of our workflows/automation very complicated. We’re currently trying to figure out:

We have a flow set to send an email to customers the day their package is delivered (to them) that reminds them they have 5 days to try on their things and get their returns back in the mail to us. They’ll be using a prepaid return label that comes in their box. 4 days after their box arrives, that same flow is set to remind them to have anything they’re returning in the mail be “tomorrow.” 

Will Klaviyo communicate with AfterShip Returns about that prepaid return label?

Specifically, can we set a Conditional Split in Klaviyo to remove anyone who has already used their prepaid label from that second reminder email? We definitely don’t want to be sending a reminder email for people to do something they’ve already done, but keeping track of that manually is untenable, longterm.

Second… if we’re not currently seeing any AfterShip Returns metrics in the the Triggers dropdown, would that be because we haven’t properly integrated the apps yet? I’m seeing all the AfterShip app triggers, but not the ones from AfterShip Returns… or maybe I’m just hoping something exists that doesn’t.

Thank you for any assistance/guidance you can give me!

​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by David To 9 June 2022, 20:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

Hi there,

I hope you’re doing well ?

It's hard to answer you without seeing your Klaviyo account. 

Quick question: What happens in Aftership once a person has used their prepaid return label? Is the information transmitted immediately?

Kindly

Badge +1

Tomb, thank you! That’s actually exactly what we’re trying to figure out… whether or not that information is transmitted immediately. We have a test package out for delivery, so hopefully we’ll have more information soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Logan SB,

Interest scenario you have!

For starters, you not seeing an AfterShip Returns metrics to create a flow is expected. As part of the Integration between Klaviyo and AfterShip, only the following metrics and events are synced to Klaviyo as detailed in our How to Integrate with AfterShip Help Center article:

Since it sounds like your strategy hinges on knowing when someone shipped and returned their product, I would suggest finding a means to share this information back to Klaviyo. Although this information is not shared to Klaviyo by default, if you’re code-savvy or have a developer on hand, you could potentially leverage both Klaviyo’s and AfterShip’s API to build a custom event to be synced to Klaviyo automatically. This method would definitely help in the sustainability aspect. 

If you haven’t already, I would suggest taking a look through our Klaviyo Developer Portal to learn more about how to build and sync your custom events. Similarly, you may find it helpful to review AfterShip’s API Documentation as well. If you’re in search of a developer, I would further highlight our expansive network of Klaviyo Partners who oftentimes specialize in these sort of custom jobs. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

David, this is so, so helpful. We have a test package out for delivery, and we’re going to monitor whether or not use of the Return Label shows up on AfterShip at all. If it does, we might temporarily just filter out Orders for that information (daily) on AfterShip, and set a Conditional Split using a list we fill based on that activity. It’s a lot of extra steps, but it might be worth it for us while our business is small. If that metric isn’t available, we very well may need to look into hiring a developer to automate this step.