Solved

Analyzing List Engagement per Campaign

• 12 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi all! We recently launched an email campaign that was sent to four different lists. We did it as one campaign, not four separate campaigns. 

I want to see how well the campaign did with each list, not just an overall view for all of the lists. Is there any way I can see that in Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 13 March 2021, 15:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi!

Currently, we are not able to run performance reports against multiple lists/segments  for a given campaign. It appears as though there are plans to implement campaign performance reporting against lists and segments at some point in the future. 

In the meantime, the best way to compare the performance would be to send separate campaigns, one to each list (making sure smart sending is enabled so that if the same contact exists on multiple lists that they do not receive the campaign more than once). You can then compare the performance of each campaign against one another.

You also have the option to run a list engagement report. This report will show the 30 day average order value for a given list (won’t show specific revenue for a given campaign but will provide insights into the lists that are spending the most).

Hope this helps!

Julie

Badge +3

Hi!

Currently, we are not able to run performance reports against multiple lists/segments  for a given campaign. It appears as though there are plans to implement campaign performance reporting against lists and segments at some point in the future. 

In the meantime, the best way to compare the performance would be to send separate campaigns, one to each list (making sure smart sending is enabled so that if the same contact exists on multiple lists that they do not receive the campaign more than once). You can then compare the performance of each campaign against one another.

You also have the option to run a list engagement report. This report will show the 30 day average order value for a given list (won’t show specific revenue for a given campaign but will provide insights into the lists that are spending the most).

Hope this helps!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I’m currently having concerns regarding the campaign performance by segments/lists, however, creating more than one campaign will create so much human mistakes that we don’t agree to do it this way. 

Could you suggest how to set up a report that analyze the open rate, click-through rate and also unsubscribe rate?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Maggie Chui,

Following up with what @julie.accardo had mentioned, Klaviyo currently does not have the capability to run a performance report on the performance of individual lists or segments for a given campaign. However, such a feature has been expressed by a number of our Community members and customers and is being explored by our Product Team. 

At present, the strategies highlighted of using multiple campaigns sends to each list or segment or using the engagement report would be the best solution to attain your list’s open and click rates. You can also alleviate a number of these human errors by ensuring you are cloning the correct campaign you wish to send as opposed to recreating the campaign or template per each send. You can further eliminate the mistake of accidentally sending your customers multiple copies of the same email if they were within several of your lists or segments by utilizing either the Smart Sending feature as Julie had mentioned or creating segments to be used as your exclusion group to prevent this. 

In addition, the list or segment engagement report will serve as a great performance comparison tool as it would already provide each list’s thirty day average in open and click through rates. This will allow you to compare the difference between the performance of one list or segment from another.

I’ll further share your feedback with our Product Team to include in their exploratory notes on this feature as well!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community! Have a great day!

David

Badge +1

Hi @david.to thanks for the reply above. I’d like to add my vote for this feature as would make life much easier.

Side note - I’ve tried using Campaigns > Trends and filtering by list, but this gives the results for the whole campaign send (ie aggregate results for all the lists in the campaign), not the results for the list you filtered for the list which seems odd.

Thanks,

Nick