Solved

API: Sending a campaign to Phone Numbers

• 11 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

i am checking out the Create Campaign API, which requires a Template ID, created via the /v1/email-templates API.

Since the Templates created like that are Email Templates, what happens if i send the Campaign to a List having only phone number profiles?

Will the html from the template be rendered as text only (SMS) ?

Or will it be converted to an MMS to get the same result as if it was an email?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 11 January 2022, 23:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Briers,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for posting your question here and I hope I can provide some info regarding APIs and campaigns.

I believe you are referencing this documentation in our API docs? We have not yet developed an API for sending SMS, so currently the only option is to send from within your Klaviyo platform. SMS campaigns aren't like regular email campaigns and cannot be fetched by our Campaigns API endpoints. We're going to further discuss what our plans are in regards to building any new API endpoints for SMS with our SMS team. But at this point in time, I'm sorry to inform you that there isn't any solution we can advise for SMS with our APIs. 

We are planning to overhaul a lot of our API endpoints from 2022 and onward as our services have grown significantly since they were first created. I am going to let our product development team know that you would like this ability so we can try to work this into a future update.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience,

Alex

Badge +2

Ok thank you for the clarification, i will wait for updates.

About MMS, not necessary but it would be cool if you can send those too !

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Great point! I will definitely keep this thread updated as this goes along!