Solved

Back in stock flow - 'Sold out' text appearing in two places

Badge +2

Hello, 

I’ve started the back in stock flow and added the code into my Shopify store, but there is some ‘sold out’ text that has appeared which I don’t want to have placed there - it makes it look quite messy, please see the circled text on the screenshot. Does anyone know how to remove this? Also, how do I make the blue ‘Notify me when available’ text black?

Thanks,

Meeta

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 24 May 2022, 19:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @meetapapersandgems

Welcome to the Community! These notebooks are beautiful and I would love to help out here!

Great job at installing our Back in Stock Flow snippet onto your site! You will need to adjust some things in the source code of your product pages to change the things you’re looking to update. For instance, first, you can change the ‘sold out’ text by your sold out products’ price by going into the source code of your site locating the ‘sold out’ text on your page and deleting it. You can quickly find this by using the Command + F function on your keyboard. 

Additionally, you can change the ‘place anchor’ part of your backend ‘back in stock’ code from false→ true. This action will change you button to say ‘Notify Me When Available’ as a button vs. ‘Sold Out’. This will more likely match the branding of your site better and create a more cohesive look! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi Taylor, thanks for these suggestions and your lovely feedback on the notebook 😀. I tried to locate the ‘sold out’ text but it’s not showing in the code? 

I also gave it a go to the change the ‘place anchor’ part so that the text reads ‘notify me when available’ as you suggested, but it loses the box and I’m ending up with underlined text only, which doesn't fit the branding? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @meetapapersandgems

Sorry to hear you’re still having difficulties! The ‘sold out’ text to remove should be seen when you click into the source code of your page by hitting View Source > Control + F > sold out.

If you using a non-custom Shopify theme, I’d suggest reaching out to our  awesome Support team to look into this more for you and fix this issue. However, neither Support nor Community can help troubleshoot this further if it is a custom theme as we can’t advise custom coding. If that’s the case, I’d reach our and connect with one of our partners who would gladly help you set this up! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @meetapapersandgems

Changing text in shopify is sometimes done through the themes - language option where you can change the labels for various elements on the site.

As for changing colors, please check which css rule is being used. A simple change of that color is simply changing the correct css rule. Klaviyo also has some settings in the implementation of the back in stock functionality by changing the text-color (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001895651-How-to-Install-Back-in-Stock-for-Shopify#install-the-snippet5) but it could also be that your shopify CSS is overruling the link color. So please check that as well. Easiest way is to use the browser developer tools and inspect an element to show it's value.

Hope it helps