Solved

Bounce rate and browse abandonment flows

• 9 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there! I got my benchmark statistics and I am having issues with my browse abandonment bounce rate. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 10 February 2022, 03:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Rudder USA 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with your analytics!

The first thing we need to know is are the bounces hard or soft?

• Hard bounces: emails that cannot be delivered due to a permanent reason, such as a fake or spam email address. Klaviyo will automatically suppress a profile that hard bounces.
  • Soft bounces: emails that cannot be delivered due to a temporary reason, such as a full inbox. If an email soft bounces more than 7 consecutive times, Klaviyo will suppress this address.

The guide to decrease your bounce rate covers everything you need but solve this challenge. To create a short answer for your, if the majority are hard bounces then following the guide to list cleaning will be your best option to move forward. If they are mostly soft bounces it's a good idea to exclude, and even suppress, email addresses that have recently soft bounced from your campaigns. To find these profiles, create a segment that identifies chronic soft bounces. When building out your segment, include anyone with at least four bounced emails in the last 90 days and who is not suppressed. An example of this segment is shown below.

soft_bounce_segment_revised.png

This way you are not sending to people who have hard or soft bounces that will affect your deliverability and therefore your sending reputations. 

Hope this helps get you back on track!